RC Groups

RC Groups
    Power Systems
        Discussion from Successful Power Systems

#1 e-geezer Oct 26, 2004 11:18 AM

You could get more thrust and less speed by using (a prop with less pitch) and/or (a lower voltage battery with perhaps a slightly higher pitch prop to bring the current back up).

#2 Dave T Oct 26, 2004 05:55 PM

cd power

I think that I have the lowest pith prop I can buy. Sorry I din't tell the amps The Double 22.7mm motor draws 12amps at 11 volts with the 10x3.8 prop
I think I will have to rewind the motor with a smaller gadge wire mabee 26gwire and more winds mabee 20 turns then check amps and posibly go with a 11x3.8 or 11x4.7 prop. I will try to do that in the next week and post the results. Thanks

#3 e-geezer Oct 27, 2004 04:55 AM

I meant to say:

You could get more thrust and less speed by using (a prop with less pitch) and/or (a lower voltage battery with perhaps a slightly higher diameter prop to bring the current back up).

Also, using more turns of thinner wire will take less power for the same battery. You'd then need an even bigger prop for the same power. I'd just go for a larger diameter, lower pitch prop. Keep increasing the prop diameter until the current is too high then go back a size.

#4 The Hung Sep 21, 2014 03:32 AM

Velineon 380 overheating.

I tried to mod may J3 cub by using a velineon 380 with an 8040 prop. it was very powerful, but didn't last long d/t overheating. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Should I change the battery (current 11.1v 2200) or the prop? :cool: