RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Heli Talk
        Pictures of My New ELMH (redone gasser)

#1 Acer Feb 14, 2002 09:09 PM

Pictures of My New ELMH (redone gasser)

1 Attachment(s)
Well, after about 3 hours of work I converted my LMH 110 to E power. I had bought a spare crutch with the kit in case I had a slight run in with the ground. So, I built a new crutch and modified it a little to carry a Magnetic Meyhem. Here's the pics.

-- Acer

#2 Acer Feb 14, 2002 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the guts.

#3 Acer Feb 14, 2002 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
other side

#4 ericss Feb 14, 2002 10:09 PM

Hi Acer,

Very nice picture. Did you try my recommendation for 12T for the MM?

I wonder what is the back material cover on the boom. Is it some kind of protective material? Where can I get it?

Thanks

Eric

#5 Acer Feb 14, 2002 10:22 PM

Thanks. I only had a bunch of 13T pinions, but I thought since the ELMH has a much shorter rotor than the Corona it would be fine. I did a motor run test today with a cheap 1500mah 7-cell pack. I held it and advanced to full throttle, it felt quite a bit more stronget than the .061 engine. Motor run lasted around 6 minuted before power began to fade and motor cut off around 7 min. I hope to get better batteries and a heli speed control if the test flight goes half way decent tomarrow. Right now I'm using an airplane esc but it deosn't have BEC so I have to lug around a 350mah battery for the radio gear.

The black material is some pipe insulation cut down and wrapped with electrical tape. No more bent booms from boom strikes :)

-- Acer

#6 JIMJAM Feb 14, 2002 11:12 PM

A little easier to keep clean huh?