RC Groups

RC Groups
    Slope
        Pt. Fermin Saturday F3F contest/ Team USA

#1 concreteman Sep 27, 2004 09:07 AM

Pt. Fermin Saturday F3F contest/ Team USA

Good morning gentleman, SoCalSlopeRacing will be holding an F3F event at Pt. Fermin on Sat. Oct. 2nd. We will be commencing around noon and racing until about 5:00. This is the final tune up race for Team USA before they leave for Germany to race in the Viking F3F world races. This post is to allow as many Fermin guys as much time as possible to see this and be patient in our use of the hill. The club has been using Whitepoint for practices, but with baseball going on there leaves very little landing area for big planes. Pt. Fermin and Whitepoint are very similar to the sites to be used in Germany, and makes for great simulations of what is coming for Team USA. In advance, we appreciate your support. Up to this date, the club has only used Fermin once this year, and it was a solid event. Thanks again, Warren D. Concreteman Ray- I need an email from you. concreteman006@sbcglobal.net

#2 RayH Sep 27, 2004 09:30 AM

rharris@nwmh.com
Email sent, looking forward to watching the team sharpen the blade to perfection. Try and squeeze a little window in for us Yokals if you can.
Best of Luck, and I will be there Saturday filming at the very least.
Ray

#3 jdcook54 Sep 27, 2004 09:40 AM

Good luck to you guys, hope you do well.

Doug

#4 KingOfTheHill Sep 27, 2004 09:57 AM

u bet ill be down to check it out.... goodluck!

JOe

#5 timmig Sep 27, 2004 10:44 AM

it's fun to watch the F3F planes do their stuff--- Hopefully-- I'll be able to try out my new video camera if it comes in time--
Tim

#6 nwoods Sep 27, 2004 02:20 PM

Not just your camera Tim, how about trying out that Storm? None of the F3F regulars know this slope as well as you. This is a great chance to show us how best to fly this slope, and more importantly, how to land :-)

My personal score on the landing part is not the best (my flap stuck! Honest! That's my story and I'm sticking too it!)

#7 nwoods Sep 27, 2004 02:24 PM

I should point out a few other details. You don't need an F3F plane to fly F3F. Any performance oriented plane is welcome. Last time we had one at Fermin, there was a local guy with a 2M Swift whose plane really cranked!

Also, as this is practice event, there isn't any sort of sign up fee, but AMA membership is neccssary to participate.

Cheers,

NW

#8 TheTick Sep 27, 2004 03:50 PM

Dang! just signed up for ama online, but probably won't be able to make it. I thought it was practice for the team only??

#9 nwoods Sep 27, 2004 03:51 PM

No no, the more pilots the merrier. The AMA emails you a confirmation, right? That should have your new AMA number on it. With that, you are good to go. If they didn't call or email them and they will email you one right away (I've done this in the past when my renewal was late).

Cheers,

NW

#10 timmig Sep 27, 2004 05:53 PM

You can go online and get a copy of your membership-- it's available as soon as they get the check -- that way- you don't have to wait for the snail mail return!

#11 TheTick Sep 27, 2004 07:32 PM

I got an email telling me I should get my card in a couple weeks. I paid online. I hope that website was secure!
Ben

#12 F3X Sep 28, 2004 07:40 AM

I hope you guys have a great time and I wish I could be there but I am stuck in Visalia flying in circles that weekend, I need some speed before I leave for the Viking Race.
The F3F guys can really use the air well before the PSS guys can even fly so with a little planning everyone should be happy.

have a great comp and if any of the Fermin locals have a good turning model please come on out and enter. It's something new to try!

#13 target Sep 28, 2004 04:55 PM

Why am I always offshore when you guys schedule these things?!
You guys must be in tight with my boss, right?

Good luck all, hope the wind is good. It should be since I can't fly that weekend....

Kick A$$ in Germany!!!!

#14 TheTick Sep 29, 2004 03:34 PM

Can I race with just a ama reciept? My card won't be here for a couple weeks.
Ben

#15 nwoods Sep 29, 2004 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTick
Can I race with just a ama reciept? My card won't be here for a couple weeks.
Ben

Absolutely.