RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Plane Talk
        SR Next Model thread - anyone saved it?

#1 Neil Stainton Sep 05, 2001 02:27 PM

SR Next Model thread - anyone saved it?

Does anyone have a copy of the SR Next Model thread they could email to me?

That was a superb resource for anyone wanting to know the sort of model Ezone modellers want.

TIA,

Neil.

#2 Mike C Sep 05, 2001 02:59 PM

I think we also lost the posts on making decals. Lot of good info in that one also.

#3 Larry @ SR Sep 05, 2001 03:21 PM

Hi Neil...

I don't have it. I did save the long Cutie thread, but not this one.

Larry

#4 Neil Stainton Sep 06, 2001 03:53 AM

> I don't have it.

Oh well. Thanks for the input Larry. I really appreciated the way you didn't step in to give your views/decision until the thread had run its course, even though that caused some flak later.

My memory is that a surprising number of people wanted a 10-16 cell fully aerobatic model with u/c (possibly retractable), big fuse for knife edge flight, and sexy curvy lines.

Neil.

#5 Larry @ SR Sep 06, 2001 09:22 AM

Hi Neil...

There were a lot of people who wanted that kind of ship. The problem as I see it is a reliable source of geared larger motors as most of the companies I'm aware of really can't deliver. There's no point in coming out with a kit that you can't get a motor for.

I realize individual modelers can come up with individual motors, but if you need the motors in quantity, you have a problem.

Larry

#6 Scott C Oct 11, 2001 11:37 PM

Hi,
Any updates?

Scott

#7 tim hooper Oct 12, 2001 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Neil Stainton
>
My memory is that a surprising number of people wanted a 10-16 cell fully aerobatic model with u/c (possibly retractable), big fuse for knife edge flight, and sexy curvy lines.

Neil.

This thread coincided with Mark Rittengers appeal for a manufacturer to kit one or two of his designs, and quite a few thought that a Sportwin (2xS400) would sell a bundle!

tim