RC Groups

RC Groups
    Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric)
        Can someone please tell me how

#1 jdd44 Mar 20, 2004 10:06 PM

Can someone please tell me how

to hook up a new connector to my Hitec flash 5 wall charger? I want to cut off the standard connector that plugs into the tx and add a connector that will charge the battery while removed from the tx. The wires to the standard connector are both black, but one has long white dashes on it. Does this one go to the red or the black wire on the new connector? Thanks in advance for any help. JDD

#2 Peter Young Mar 20, 2004 11:02 PM

I don't know the answer, but I'm curious as to why you want to do this?

#3 boomerace Mar 20, 2004 11:12 PM

Make an adapter.... get the Female plug from Radio Shack then you can plug and unplug it for charging your TX. Center is plus outside is negative.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com

#4 jdd44 Mar 21, 2004 08:52 AM

PY- Iwanted to be able to slow charge a tx battery(I have 2) and still use the tx with the other battery. The slow charger takes about 15 hours.

Boomer- Thanks for that info; that's exactly what I needed to kn ow. And, by the way, thanks for your valuable contribution to the SSBOK (Slowstick Book Of Knowledge) which has enabled me to (starting from scratch and knowing nothing):
1. Choose a great plane as a gift for my son.
2. modify it to be almost bulletproof.
3.Learn how to fly it in spite of a warped wing we eventually
discovered and fixed.
4. had a great time doing it all.
Your help is much appreciated.
JDD

#5 larsy87 Mar 22, 2004 07:34 PM

Is the model memory in Flash5(if yours is a computer) non-volatile? If I remember right, having volatile memory means you'll lose all your model data when you remove your battery.

#6 boomerace Mar 22, 2004 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cam Galbraith
Is the model memory in Flash5(if yours is a computer) non-volatile? If I remember right, having volatile memory means you'll lose all your model data when you remove your battery.
Cam,
Removing Battery No problem!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com