RC Groups

RC Groups
    Site Chat
        Rant What annoys you at RCG?

#1 Jonathan Bradbury Mar 04, 2013 09:51 AM

What annoys you at RCG?
 
My bug bear is a current trend for quoting in full, the previous post, when only a small portion is being referenced...

#2 Jonathan Bradbury Mar 04, 2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury (Post 24318315)
My bug bear is a current trend for quoting in full, the previous post, when only a small portion is being referenced...

and then another poster does the same...

#3 Jonathan Bradbury Mar 04, 2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB (Post 24318320)
and then another poster does the same...

then someone else joins in and does it as well...

#4 Jonathan Bradbury Mar 04, 2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury (Post 24318331)
then someone else joins in and does it as well...

then someone puts up a large post with a huge resized picture in it...

and someone quotes the whole shebang, just to reference a few words in the quoted post!

Grrrr!

#5 Mark Wood Mar 04, 2013 10:14 AM

What annoys me are the people that use multiple posts to continue a vein of thought to boost their post count rather than use the edit function in the original post. ;)

mw

#6 Gohmer Mar 04, 2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury (Post 24318315)
My bug bear is a current trend for quoting in full, the previous post, when only a small portion is being referenced...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury (Post 24318320)
and then another poster does the same...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury (Post 24318331)
then someone else joins in and does it as well...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury (Post 24318360)
then someone puts up a large post with a huge resized picture in it...

and someone quotes the whole shebang, just to reference a few words in the quoted post!



Grrrr!

Nothing wrong with that IMHO.

Do you have any boring video's for us?

#7 7oneWo1f Mar 04, 2013 12:08 PM

I wish the ":rolleyes:" would be removed. It is used to imply sarcasm, but usually means "I have no logical argument".

#8 Jonathan Bradbury Mar 04, 2013 12:58 PM

Very funny mw. I should have known you'd come in with something. :D

For Gohmer, here is your requested video.

Star Trek TNG Ambient Engine Noise (Idling for 24 hrs) (0 min 0 sec)

#9 Kenny Sharp Mar 05, 2013 04:58 AM

I wish people would talk to you like they would if you were face to face.

#10 Miami Mike Mar 05, 2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp (Post 24327141)
I wish people would talk to you like they would if you were face to face.

Umm... (cough) why... umm... why you say that?

#11 Mark Wood Mar 05, 2013 11:31 AM

I do. I can easily be found too.

mw

#12 LcJ Mar 05, 2013 11:40 AM

Annoying posts. :)

#13 LcJ Mar 05, 2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Wood (Post 24329840)
I do. I can easily be found too.

mw

Is lunch or supper a better time?:D

#14 Kenny Sharp Mar 05, 2013 12:21 PM

Don't get me wrong I think the majority of posters here, post like they would talk to you face to face.

#15 Mauilvr Mar 05, 2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Wood (Post 24329840)
I do. I can easily be found too.

mw

I know where to find you - and have!

Howdy Mark!

Ric


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.