RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hoverfly Technologies
        Alert Altitude Hold issues - HoverflyPRO/GPS firmware v.4.6 r1, r2, r3

#1 hoverben Feb 18, 2013 02:58 PM

Altitude Hold issues - HoverflyPRO/GPS firmware v.4.6 r1, r2, r3

Per the link below, we are recommending that users not engage the Altitude Hold feature when using HoverflyPRO/GPS firmware v4.6rev1, rev2, rev3.

https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/entries/23174852-Altitude-Hold-issues-HoverflyPRO-GPS-firmware-v-4-6-r1-r2-r3

The problem being seen is not universal but it has occurred enough to warrant this recommendation until this issue can be fixed. We expect new firmware later this week.

#2 mspencer Feb 20, 2013 12:20 AM

Thank God! I was having so many issues that I wasn't sure if it was me or many of us. I was having the erratic control problem when GPS functions were engaged. On top of that I'm having some severe altitude hold issues. I'm glad it is being fixed.

#3 hoverben Feb 21, 2013 03:50 PM

Double post - please see below.

#4 hoverben Feb 21, 2013 03:56 PM

Due to a scheduling conflict, we've had to postpone the beta test until Monday. Chances are very good that the update will be released a day or two later.

Also, a little advance warning: if you had to change your gain settings when upgrading to 4.6 from an older version, there is a very good chance that you will need to do so again with the new release.