RC Groups

RC Groups
    3D Flying
        FuntanaMini by Didier

#1 Pjotrrr Dec 28, 2003 01:30 PM

Free plan for FuntanaMini by Didier

1 Attachment(s)
I'm building the FuntanaMini from plans by Didier, a fellow flyer here in Holland...

See also the build thread in foamies:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=182433

#2 Pjotrrr Dec 28, 2003 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Plan in zipped tiled pdf format:

#3 Pjotrrr Dec 28, 2003 09:35 PM

Funtana Mini flown by Derk (5 Mb download):

http://home.quicknet.nl/mw/prive/pet...0freestyle.WMV

#4 Johnny B Dec 29, 2003 12:36 AM

Specs?

Wingspan?
Length?
AUW?
Power system/battery/prop?

Now I'm glad that I ordered twice as much Depron as I needed in my order a couple days ago! (I'm building a Little Ultimate Bipe from Foamies section...and one of these now, too!)

So many planes, and so little time.

Johnny B.

#5 Pjotrrr Dec 29, 2003 03:55 AM

See also the build thread linked in the first post....

Wingspan is 90 cm, with Axi 2212/34 , 10x4,7 slowfly prop and Kokam 340 Lipoly AUW will be 280 grams/10 oz.

Peter

#6 trondb Dec 29, 2003 05:53 PM

Think I have enough 3mm depron around..:D

Awsome video !!:eek:

Trond

#7 Tim H. Dec 29, 2003 09:09 PM

Wow, looks great pjotrrr!!!! You mentioned that Didier based it off my 3DX. If he has some CAD drawings of it, I could clean up the drawings and convert them to PDF and host it on my website if he would like. Or if you could send me the full scan (not tiled pdf), I could do it for him.

Looks like another 3D winner!

Tim H.

#8 Johnny B Dec 29, 2003 10:09 PM

Tim, hope you host these plans. Like your designs and have heard and seen nothing but good things about them. I've held out on building them because I already have T3d and T3dII, and I'd like to get build some true fuselage 3D planes for my next hangar additions.

It's really not hard to build up a fuse like this in Depron. Hope everyone checks out the little ultimate bipe in foamies as well. I'm building the LUB and this plane as my next two projects. Only thing I'd like to see is a true airfoil wing instead of a plate.

#9 Tim H. Dec 29, 2003 10:21 PM

Yeah, I like that stuff too. But then we're getting out of the "cut it out, slap it together" simplicity of the flat plate stuff. I'm working on several built up designs too. Both have thier place and both are a blast. You should try a Yak or 3DX. You would be amazed at how well they fly.

Tim

#10 didier Dec 30, 2003 03:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Tim

I am glad you like it.
This is my second version of the Funtana mini, the first one was based on your 3DX but also with a build-up wing and box fuselage.
This one is totally re-designed.
The main thing that changed was, lighter wing construction, smaller wing, higher fuselage, different location tail section, landing gear and another small changes.
Now the airplane is totally couplings free and that is realy great!!!

Here a picture of version 1 in the middle and version 2

#11 Tim H. Dec 30, 2003 09:27 AM

didier - It looks like your plans were hand drawn (from the looks of the tiled pdf) If you send me a scan of the full plans, I could put it into CAD, clean it up, etc. Let me know.

Tim H.

#12 Pjotrrr Dec 30, 2003 01:19 PM

Hi Tim,

They are indeed handdrawed, I scanned them in 18 parts on my flatbed scanner, I can't help you with one full size scan though...

Peter

#13 Tim H. Dec 30, 2003 02:55 PM

I'll do what I can. It'll be a while though...

Tim

#14 kitbasher Dec 30, 2003 03:16 PM

When printing these plans in adobe,should i have (fit to page checked)? Thanks Mike

#15 Pjotrrr Dec 30, 2003 03:31 PM

No, I don't think so, or print page 18 first, there is a line with inches and centimeters on it to check....

Peter