RC Groups

RC Groups
    Sailplane Events
        Discussion Monthly Aerotow at Visalia Feb. 16th

#1 s2000 Feb 10, 2013 05:51 PM

Monthly Aerotow at Visalia Feb. 16th

Once again we hope to be towing on this date providing the weather and tow planes cooperate, I will have my 40% ASW-15 that I have for sale here on RcG there to demo to potential buyers, plus I will have a 1/3 Grunau Baby 2b there that is for sale as well.

#2 s2000 Feb 17, 2013 12:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Pics from yesterday, awesome day of flying

#3 tewatson Feb 17, 2013 01:49 PM

More pics...

Tom

#4 packardpursuit Feb 17, 2013 02:36 PM

Spent 28 years in Visalia. Left in '09. Was visiting as of Feb 13(last week) working on a 50% Christian Eagle for R/c. That's a good day when the snow covered Sierra is that visible. Great place for about a 1/3rd of the year. Hotter than blazes in summer/fall. Two weeks spent there re-introduced sinus and allergy issues. BAD air quallity most of the year.

Used to fly FF with the Skykings not too far from CVRC field., out near Sequoia Field. Also used to buzz your strip in an AirCam, twin engine "ultra-lite" , when no one was about. Good times, but glad we live in god's country ,now. Will be returning in near future to comple the Eagle build. Will load up on vitamin C and eccenatia beforehand, however.

thanks for sharing!

#5 s2000 Feb 17, 2013 03:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more...agree about the air polution, and it isn't really from cars, lots of crops and lots of fresh dirt getting sucked into the air, but a fabulous place to fly since the wind rarely picks up in the afternoon, we will be back next month and every month after on each 3rd Saturday.

#6 barracudahockey Feb 20, 2013 07:17 AM

Thats so cool, we are working hard to get 2 or 3 events a year to draw pilots.