RC Groups

RC Groups
    Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric)
        Discussion What to do...Old HoneyBee issue

#1 Chamkeeper Feb 09, 2013 10:02 PM

What to do...Old HoneyBee issue
The transmitter for my beloved Honeybee seems to have had a serious failure. While I have not opened it up to repair it, replacement seems imminent. Checking around it seems I have a few options. First, buy a new Esky transmitter, nearly $50. Second, buy a low dollar TX/RX setup and boggle the new receiver into the existing 4in1. As the Honeybee has taken its share of abuse, perhaps better spent money would be to replace it with a completely new 250-sized setup. Something that would take some research. The other idea that I'm kicking around is biting the bullet and buying a 450 sized heli. Either jump right in and buy an Trex package, or build an HK kit.

Any thoughts from the pros on the best bang for the buck?

#2 norcalheli Feb 10, 2013 12:39 AM

Which HoneyBee, FP or CP?

#3 Chamkeeper Feb 10, 2013 06:14 PM

It's FP

#4 norcalheli Feb 11, 2013 11:02 PM

There is available an E-Flite 3in1, EFLH-1031 3x1, that can then be attached to any receiver to replace the Esky 4in1. It's been quite some time since I bought one, but I think it was about $35 USD three or four years ago.

#5 arbilab Feb 12, 2013 01:15 AM

EFLH1031 also allows--though does not require--use of 11.1V battery. But it prices at $45 and the wisdom of throwing that PLUS another radioset at a HBFP is questionable. A LOT has changed in 5 years.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.