RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aircraft - Fuel - Jets (FS/W)
        Sold NIB Extreme Skymaster F-5

#1 Hinckley Bill Feb 06, 2013 10:30 AM

NIB Extreme Skymaster F-5

12 Attachment(s)
Well I was a bad boy and picked up a new RTF jet yesterday....

Momma says, "When one comes in one better be going out"....so here's what's up for sale

A NIB Extreme Skymaster F-5 jet kit.....white gelcoat so that you can do your own scheme. I was actually going to do the Moose Squadron version shown here

Includes the kit, landing gear, cockpit, exhaust pipe......basically everything you need to get started and have the bird ready for that first spring fly-in

Asking price for the whole shooting match....$1700

I'll consider shipping at your expense

Here's the link to Skymaster's website.

http://www.skymasterjet.com/f5.htm

I'll have pictures later on this evening

Thanks for looking

Bill

#2 wehrcg01 Feb 07, 2013 07:19 AM

I've looking for someone wanting to sell the Skymaster T-38. Do you think the F-5 could be modified a bit to look enough like a T-38 (ie dual cockpit, bigger canopy, etc.)? Or is that something that is probably not advisable? Where is the F-5 located? Thanks...

#3 Hinckley Bill Feb 07, 2013 08:02 AM

Hmmmm....not sure of the mod to T-38.

Take a look at the photos I'm attaching to the ad.

Airframe is in Illinois but I travel to Pennsylvania once a month so it would be closer to you (relatively speaking).

#4 Hinckley Bill Feb 07, 2013 08:07 AM

It appears that modification to a T-38 isn't that big of a deal....got the information below from this website: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...read.main/159/

There is no difference between the T-38 and F-5 except that the T-38 is a two seater training version

There are a few other ways to tell them apart.

In the T-38, the outer part of the inlets are angled, in the F-5 they are straight up then curve forward.

Unlike the F-5, the T-38 does not have wingtip tracks/hardpoints/fuel tanks.

Due to the 2 man cockpit (which is the best feature for telling them apart), the T-38s nose curves up slightly, while the F-5's (except for the RF-5E...but don't worry about that plane) nose is essentially straight.