RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hoverfly Technologies
        Discussion HoverFly Sport Setup Client Error

#1 ArltTech Feb 03, 2013 02:08 PM

HoverFly Sport Setup Client Error

1 Attachment(s)
I am having problems with the setup client reading the Sport board firmware. I have tried 2 different computers, both have been used successfully with the Pro board (old green version, still flies great by the way). Firmware client flashes successfully with Sport board in X mode and AP firmware. Setup client does not recognize firmware version. Help!

#2 mspencer Feb 07, 2013 10:59 AM

I had the same problem

I purchased a sport board for fun flying and ran into the same problem. However it is not necessary to run it through the setup client. There are no critical calibrations that need to be made like accelerometers since it does't have any. Just flash the correct firmware, plug and fly. I'm not even sure the setup client is designed to work with the Sport Board. Hope this helps.:)

#3 ArltTech Feb 10, 2013 05:18 PM

Thanks for the input. You are the only feedback on this so appreciated.

#4 Stacky Feb 13, 2013 07:41 AM

If you are having problems post on this forum http://www.multirotorforums.com/foru...gies-Inc-Forum Its now the more frequented HF forum.

#5 AeroVideoUS Feb 18, 2013 02:41 AM

I hate to say it but the HF guys have left the Sport board in the dust. I can't even remember the last time I hooked up a sport board to the computer. No firmware updates and nothing in the setup client that even supports the sport board :(

I have 3 sport boards.

#6 SeismicCWave Feb 24, 2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS (Post 24169857)
I hate to say it but the HF guys have left the Sport board in the dust. I can't even remember the last time I hooked up a sport board to the computer. No firmware updates and nothing in the setup client that even supports the sport board :(

I have 3 sport boards.

That is not very encouraging.

#7 AeroVideoUS Feb 24, 2013 04:30 PM

I had the same thing happen to me today. Flashed one of my sport boards to make sure it had the latest firmware and went to hook it up to the setup client. I got a warning that I needed an older setup client, bah... Like mspencer mentioned, the setup client doesn't really do anything with the sport board anyway as there's not much to setup :)

#8 hoverben Feb 26, 2013 10:28 AM

To answer your question as to why you can't get the Setup Client to work:

https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/ent...d-HoverflyOPEN

Maybe this hasn't been clearly articulated on our part, but the HoverflySPORT already does everything that we intend for it to do. That's not to say that we will never come up with something new for it, but for now we're satisfied with the product's place in the Hoverfly family.

#9 AeroVideoUS Feb 27, 2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoverben (Post 24257045)
To answer your question as to why you can't get the Setup Client to work:

https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/ent...d-HoverflyOPEN

Maybe this hasn't been clearly articulated on our part, but the HoverflySPORT already does everything that we intend for it to do. That's not to say that we will never come up with something new for it, but for now we're satisfied with the product's place in the Hoverfly family.

Hello Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I was aware of the need to use the older version. I don't have multiple PCs. As a mac user running windows in a VM uninstalling and reinstalling the different versions of the setup client is really unacceptable. Having a couple of Pro boards and three sport boards makes that a little inconvenient to say the least :)

But I agree, the sport board does what it was intended to do. I just think it needs to be up to date with the Pro board firmware wise.

Thanks,
Paul