RC Groups

RC Groups
    Fuel Heli Talk
        Discussion Align 50 engine - tuning issues

#1 waqr Feb 01, 2013 01:09 PM

Align 50 engine - tuning issues

Hi!

I have an Align 50 engine (without GOV) in my Trex 600 and it runs great (I think) It idles well and responds well on full throttle. However when decreasing throttle quickly it kind of almost shuts off. It is always recovering byt it feels a bit unsafe to have it like this. Current setting on the needle is 1,25 turns. Since I just bought it I have only tried it in normal mode. Here is my settings

Norm
TC: 0,20,40,75,100
PC: 45,47,50,75,100

What could cause it to almost die when decreasing the throttle?

#2 Roto Rob Feb 01, 2013 10:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can be many things. The fuel has to match the compression, glow plug, and tuning.
I would start with the basics, like is the throttle open enough at idle.
Next tuning-- there are several tuning guides on the internet here is one.
If it doesn't run good now I would look at the match between fuel, compression, and the glow plug.

#3 waqr Feb 02, 2013 05:32 AM

It does run good at idle and the throttle respons is also fine. The problem is just that it almost dies everytime I decrease the throttle directly after a climb. Could it be that it gets to much fuel and hence drowns after full throttle climbs?

The needle is set to 1.25 why I am a bit reluctant to go any leaner..

#4 Roto Rob Feb 02, 2013 06:14 PM

My first guess would have been to lean. Really need to do all the steps to tune it before you can have much of an idea where your at.
To really figure if you have a good chance of tuning it some more information would be needed. Like what type of fuel, glow plug type, and head shim count.
The 1.25 turns sounds about right, but depends on many things like altitude, weather, fuel, head speed, and how its flown.