RC Groups

RC Groups
    Multirotor Talk
        Cool Hoten-X Compatible Parts List

#1 Johnny NoPants Feb 01, 2013 10:09 AM

Hoten-X Compatible Parts List

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but wanted to start a list of aftermarket parts that fit the Walkera Hoten-X Quadcopter. Feel free to add other items you find to this thread, and I will update the OP with links.

Best RTF price I have found so far is here:
Walkera Hoten-X RTF w/DEVO 7E - $295 Shipped (eBay)

Highest capacity battery that fits the battery tray is here:
Hypeion G3 VX 1800mah - $25.95 (RC Dude)

Best 3-Blade Prop upgrade is here (They have Black and Gray):
GWS 3-Blade Prop 7035 7x3.5 - $1.95(RC Dude)

#2 WAYNE R Feb 04, 2013 06:41 PM

hoten x props

;)Have you tried these props on the hoten x? has anybody tried these propson the hoten ,I would really like to try three blades!

#3 Johnny NoPants Feb 05, 2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAYNE R (Post 24035057)
;)Have you tried these props on the hoten x? has anybody tried these propson the hoten ,I would really like to try three blades!

Yes, I have tried these and am currently using them on my Hoten, hence the post that they are compatible. Everything in my OP is what I personally have used or am currently using on it.

#4 WAYNE R Feb 06, 2013 12:32 PM

hoten three blade props

::popcorn:Can you tell me ,how does it fly with the three blades verses the two blade props,any change in flight ,thurst or hovering ,mine fly,s good now but Ihope to make it better!orderd props cant wait!

#5 WAYNE R Feb 08, 2013 05:58 PM

props direction

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny NoPants (Post 24043336)
Yes, I have tried these and am currently using them on my Hoten, hence the post that they are compatible. Everything in my OP is what I personally have used or am currently using on it.

prop direction seems to be backwards clock wise is counter clockwise?at least that seems to be the way mine are!!

#6 jamiedg Nov 08, 2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAYNE R (Post 24052651)
::popcorn:Can you tell me ,how does it fly with the three blades verses the two blade props,any change in flight ,thurst or hovering ,mine fly,s good now but Ihope to make it better!orderd props cant wait!

Has anyone any more info on using these 3-blade props with the Hoten-X :cool:

#7 alding Jan 26, 2014 06:18 AM

No news about 3 blades props ?

#8 GRGanjei Nov 28, 2014 12:10 AM

Thoughts on using 3 bladed props

Quote:

Originally Posted by alding (Post 27309604)
No news about 3 blades props ?

From a purely theoretical standpoint, a 3 bladed prop has more drag and is less efficient. It does however give you more "traction" or pull in the air.

The general rule of thumb is to use a 2 bladed prop if at all possible, unless it just doesn't give you enough pull, or you really need that cool 3 bladed look.

That being said, I'd love to try 3 bladed props on my Hoten-X. I'm just having trouble finding anyone who still carries them.