RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W)
        For Sale Cores for Douglass Silhouette

#1 rcbobcat55 Jan 31, 2013 03:19 PM

Cores for Douglass Silhouette

Hi from RCbobcat55 I have for sale some (6) extra sets of pink foam wing cores for a Douglass Silhouette slope ship. $30.00 per set shipped. I also have some arf versions ready to cover $135.00 each shipped-$165.00 with glassed fuselage shipped. PM is RCbobcat55@yahoo.com I also still have 4 sets of cores for the supergee dlg. $30.00 per set shipped.:):) Hi again-I have some Silhouette partial kits for sale-$55.00 shipped. These include full size plans,wing cores,pre-cut fuselage sides, and full size templates for the tail,rudder, and fuselage formers.Hi from RCbobcat55 here is an update on the Silhouette kits. The first 6 are sold and shipped and I have 4 more partial kits ready to sell.I have one of the arc versions ready to sell and a second one done except for final coats on the fuselage-it is in primer. I will try to post some pics of it. My next project will be the Quicksilver partial kits. Thanks for the support and keep the orders coming. Also,send me some pics as you get them done so i can post them here. Bob M

#2 AndyRice_WI Jan 31, 2013 04:57 PM

You should post some photos just for spite? I'd love to see what the ARF and glass fuses look like. I just emailed you about the cores. Great job on reinventing the Silhouette.

#3 rcbobcat55 Jan 31, 2013 06:27 PM

Hi from RCbobcat55 I am in the process of building the first 2 arf's and experimenting with different glass/cf combinations. The lost foam/glass technique is too time consuming so I am working on the built-up fuselage with glass over it and painted with lacquer. I have a protptype slope racer fuselage fuselage done and will be using the same techniques to do the silhouettes. I will take pics as I go along so you can see how things go together. I am also working on a new way of doing elliptical and semi-elliptical wing planforms using depron and an internal interlocking structure which may be patentable. We will see. When the models are done I will post pics and do up a sheet which I can e-mail to anyone interested. Thanks for the support. Bob M...If anyone would like to place pre-orders e-mail me. There will be no money changing hands until the models are ready to ship, I can cut cores now and I have some in stock.

#4 motowncali Jan 31, 2013 10:04 PM

What about a set of cores, planes and precut fuse sides?

#5 lblife Feb 02, 2013 10:11 PM

I would love to see some pics of what you have to offer

#6 rcbobcat55 Feb 07, 2013 11:49 AM

Hi from RCbobcat55 I have 6 partial kits in stock for the Silhouette per Motowncali's suggestion. The kits include full size plans and templates for the tail,rudder,and fuselage formers, pink foam wing cores,and pre-cut fuselage sides. Intro price is $55.00 including shipping. Discounts for multiple orders. I will also be building some arc versions and receiver ready versions if you want one that way. The arc and receiver ready versions will have built-up balsa fuselages with 3/4 oz glass cloth-sanded,sealed and painted white with acrylic lacquer. P.M. me at RCbobcat55@yahoo.com to place an order.I can also do the Quicksilver cores and partial kits if anyone is interested. Thanks Bob M...

#7 motowncali Feb 07, 2013 03:26 PM

Bob, start a new thread and list the shorts kits that you have available. I think this is great.

Mo

#8 rcbobcat55 Feb 08, 2013 09:20 PM

Hi Mo. Thanks for the suggestion I posted them under slope in the topics section. I have the Quicksilver plans just about done and will be cuting some cores and fuselage sides soon. I still have the sos fuselage ready to cover and a set of wing cores. I think it is the 40" version. PM me for pricing-you have first shot at it-also I can include the full size plans with the fuselage and cores. thanks Bob M..