RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aircraft - Fuel - Jets (FS/W)
        Sold Cheap turbine-Simjet manual start $500 shipped

#1 inpieces Jan 28, 2013 11:30 PM

Cheap turbine-Simjet manual start $500 shipped

7 Attachment(s)
This sale is for a used Simjet, that appears to be in good condition. I am selling it cheap because I know nothing about the use or history. I picked this up from someone years ago and bumped into it while going through some other turbine stuff and decided it must go.

Please look at the pics, there are a few dings that wont affect performance. Someone painted the classic Simjet gold intake. The fuel pump solder tabs appear to be broken, for $45 I will throw in a good used fuel pump from my drawer of spares if you dont want to screw with the one included.

The ideal buyer of this engine knows how to start a manual turbine and wants something to experiment with or just wants a cheap turbine. I would not suggest a newbie pic this up unless they had someone to rely on helping them locally. There are no instructions, while I could walk you through the starting it would be frustrating for someone that is less than mechanically minded.

The ECU is missing and will not be included. Many Simjet owners have upgraded to a XICOY, Gaspar Ecu to run these to great success.

$500 shipped plus paypal fees

#2 superjon Jan 29, 2013 06:02 AM

What model of Simjet is it?

#3 Dr Honda Jan 29, 2013 07:06 AM

Looks like a 1650.

But... is there an ECU? I don't see it in the pictures.

#4 inpieces Jan 29, 2013 11:15 AM

The can is similar in size to a 1700 Auto that I have. So it could very well be a 1650.

As I mentioned in the ad, I have no information on this. Run logs, manual, etc.

Thanks for pointing that out Dr. Honda. I didnt have the ECU in the box and therefore didn't realize it. I might need to pull the ad until I find it.

#5 Resparky Jan 30, 2013 09:28 PM

What are the specs? Where can i find more info? Finally, who is the US distributor?

#6 msonny35 Jan 31, 2013 02:25 PM

simjet

I want to buy this motor please call me at 1 732 688-7270 anytime

#7 inpieces Jan 31, 2013 02:49 PM

Sold Pending funds