RC Groups

RC Groups
    Scale Kit/Scratch Built
        Discussion Bucker Jungmeister @ 44"

#1 P. Tritle Jan 28, 2013 10:55 AM

Bucker Jungmeister @ 44"

1 Attachment(s)
I have been ponder the Bucker Jungmeister for quite some time now, and after having it suggested 3 times in less then two weeks, figured the time might be right, so here goes.

The design is a 44" span 4 ch. set up for an E-Flight 450 or Suppo 2217 outrunner on two cells. For those who want a bit more snappy aerobatic capabilities, a third cell might just do the trick.

So, lets get rolling: Construction began with bowing up all the tip outlines so that when the time came they'd be ready to go. And with that, the project is officially underway.

#2 Wolpertinger Jan 28, 2013 10:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice choice! I'm rather fond of the Jungmeister! Will Sparky be supplying a cowl with all the bumps, and perhaps a dummy radial, too?

#3 P. Tritle Jan 28, 2013 10:59 AM

Building Up the Landing Gear

2 Attachment(s)
The landing gear components were bent to shape form .062 and .047 steel wire. The front strut was laid out over the plans and soldered together. The joints were wrapped with fine copper wire and resoldered. The rear strut was then jigged in place and soldered to the front. A second copper wrap was done and the joint soldered again. That'll make for a very tough LG assembly. I usually don't get all that wound up with the joints, in fact, I usually don't even wrap them, but even with just a 44" span, this is going to be a BIG model, so thought it best to take precausions now rather then make repairs later.

#4 P. Tritle Jan 28, 2013 11:04 AM

Building the Cowl

4 Attachment(s)
The main cowl assembly turned out to be quite large, so rather then vac-form the whole thing, the rear cowl section will be built up and sheeted, and the front end with the engine detail and the blisters will be vac-formed. The cowl will be retained to the firewall with alignment pins and magnets. The mold master for the front end is shaped, but still need to get the master for the blisters worked up, and then it'll all go out to Sparky so that he can do his magic.

#5 Mendo Jan 28, 2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P. Tritle (Post 23957736)
I have been ponder the Bucker Jungmeister for quite some time now, and after having it suggested 3 times in less then two weeks, figured the time might be right, so here goes.

The design is a 44" span 4 ch. set up for an E-Flight 450 or Suppo 2217 outrunner on two cells. For those who want a bit more snappy aerobatic capabilities, a third cell might just do the trick.

So, lets get rolling: Construction began with bowing up all the tip outlines so that when the time came they'd be ready to go. And with that, the project is officially underway.

Pat,

The Jungmeister is my all time favorite aircraft. I will be watching this thread with much interest!

Mendo

#6 P. Tritle Jan 28, 2013 11:10 AM

Getting Started on the Fuselage

5 Attachment(s)
Got started framing the fuselage first since that's where most of the major flubs usually show up. And this one was no exception. Don't know how it happened, but a couple of formers were flat wrong, so went back to the plans and fixed the problem. What's there won't be noticeable from the outside, but sure does make adding stringers a challenge when there's different number of notches in the formers :o Oh well, just shows to go ya that even the old timers can still blow it from time to time.... :cool:

From here we get the Fuse finished up and then it'll be on to the wings.

PAT

#7 baldguy Jan 28, 2013 02:48 PM

Cool. Will it be strong enough to do some acro?

#8 P. Tritle Jan 28, 2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldguy (Post 23959961)
Cool. Will it be strong enough to do some acro?

BG, In my typical way of doing things it is a Park Flyer, but it'll be OK for the standard "scale manouvers" one would expect from the Jungmeister, but not the typical "rediculously over-powered spastic 3-D aerobatics" that one would see Patti Wagstaff doing in her Extra 300. Keep it scale and you'll be fine.

PAT

#9 mrittinger Jan 28, 2013 04:03 PM

Scale flat bottom airfoils Pat?

#10 baldguy Jan 28, 2013 04:47 PM

That's what I was thinking, acros typical to the bird, not the weird stuff.

#11 Wolpertinger Jan 28, 2013 06:04 PM

Fly it like this. Like Pat said, none of that crazy stuff. Just nice and smooth! The video also shows how tiny this little bipe really is.

Bücker Bü 133 Jungmeister (3 min 50 sec)

#12 miltonboy Jan 28, 2013 06:19 PM

Awsome addition to the line-up Pat! I just finished your 44" Tiger Moth and it turned out great and is a superb flyer.

Subscribed

#13 P. Tritle Jan 28, 2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrittinger (Post 23960800)
Scale flat bottom airfoils Pat?

Mark, Will be going with a Clark-Y section on this one. I tried it on a couple of others and was really happy with the results in the weight/wing loading class this one will be in, so thought it might be a good choice for this one too.

PAT

#14 bwoollia Jan 28, 2013 08:41 PM

Watching with interest! :popcorn:

#15 MIGl7 Jan 28, 2013 08:57 PM

I just like saying "Jungmeister" (Pronounced "YoungMeister")

Steve