RC Groups

RC Groups
    Fuel Plane Talk
        Discussion Engine mounting question on H9 Corsair 60 Arf

#1 shamrock1990 Jan 27, 2013 12:48 AM

Engine mounting question on H9 Corsair 60 Arf

1 Attachment(s)
The manual says "Center the engine mount in relationship to the
oval holes in the firewall." What does that mean? Do I center the blind nuts in the center of the oval holes? Not quite sure how critical the location in the mounting holes is. Also, there are two pencil lines that intersect roughly in the middle of the firewall. I dont recall drawing those lines(I bought this plane 5-6 years ago!) and there is not explanation of what they are for in the manual. Are the mounting bolts supposed to line up with them? Ive included a pic, hopefully you can see the pencil marks! Thanks for the he

#2 whiskykid Jan 27, 2013 11:13 AM

the biggest concern would be, is the engine centerd in the COWL!

alot of times chinglish, isn't translated very well!

#3 Zor Jan 29, 2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamrock1990 (Post 23943692)

The manual says "Center the engine mount in relationship to the
oval holes in the firewall." What does that mean? Do I center the blind nuts in the center of the oval holes? Not quite sure how critical the location in the mounting holes is. Also, there are two pencil lines that intersect roughly in the middle of the firewall. I dont recall drawing those lines(I bought this plane 5-6 years ago!) and there is not explanation of what they are for in the manual. Are the mounting bolts supposed to line up with them? Ive included a pic, hopefully you can see the pencil marks! Thanks for the he

shamrock1990,

We certainly can help you but you have to give us better information.
Post a picture looking straight down the fuselage from the front with the fuselage sitting in normal right side up position.
Wings laterally level.

Zor