RC Groups

RC Groups
    Engines
        Discussion Engine mounting question on Corsair 60 Arf

#1 shamrock1990 Jan 25, 2013 08:26 PM

Engine mounting question on Corsair 60 Arf

1 Attachment(s)
The manual says "Center the engine mount in relationship to the
oval holes in the firewall." What does that mean? Do I center the blind nuts in the center of the oval holes? Not quite sure how critical the location in the mounting holes is. Also, there are two pencil lines that intersect roughly in the middle of the firewall. I dont recall draing those lines(I bought this plane 5-6 years ago!) and there is not explanation of what they are for in the manual. Are the mounting bolts supposed to line up with them? Ive included a pic, hopefully you can see the pencil marks! Thanks for the help!

Brendan

#2 Kit_Builder Jan 26, 2013 12:53 AM

At work now but those are thrust lines. Will give more info later

#3 Kit_Builder Jan 26, 2013 06:13 PM

On the edge of the firewall where the pencile lines are, is there small laser marks maybe 1/2 inch long. If yes then those lines are the Vertical and Horizontal thrust lines

If no I have no Idea what those lines are.

What brand ARF do you have?
Do you know what thrust lines are?

This forum is for the workings of engines you will get more traffic if you posted this in "fuel plane talk" forum

#4 Hemikiller Jan 27, 2013 02:10 PM

Hangar 9 Corsair 60

http://www.hangar-9.com/ProdInfo/Fil...575-manual.pdf

The oval holes in the firewall are to allow the engine mount to accommodate multiple engine size and case widths. Adjust the mount location so you see equal amounts of the oval holes peeking out from the mounts and tighten the mounting bolts. If you're a little off, you'll never notice it.

My assumption is the lines on the firewall are either center or thrust lines.