RC Groups

RC Groups
    Non R/C Items (FS/W)
        Futaba FG series

#1 _world_ Jan 20, 2013 09:55 AM

Futaba FG series

I am not sure is this the right place for this. I am looking for transmitter for Futaba FG series (golden series). Only the TX module! I prefer to be something like the original one, not some of the new 2.4 GHz that you can find on hobbyking.com
Regards

#2 Fentonflyers Jan 20, 2013 10:36 AM

So you want an old FG series module? That's the big module right?

#3 _world_ Jan 20, 2013 12:30 PM

Yes, it is the big module. :)

#4 av8or46 Jan 20, 2013 02:31 PM

Module

I have a module Futaba FP-TF-AM channel 52. Is that what you are needing?

#5 _world_ Jan 21, 2013 02:05 AM

Exactly the same. Are there any other FM instead of AM modules available for this old transmitters?

#6 Fentonflyers Jan 21, 2013 07:56 AM

Their should be. I might use mine if I could come up with an FM module. The other option might be to use a hack 2.4 module permanantly installed in the old module case.

#7 _world_ Jan 22, 2013 09:12 AM

So my Futaba is not going to work with any of the newer modules available? I have seen the list of modules in hobyking.com and most of them are Futaba style? What does it mean? Futaba from which year?

#8 dhsmith1 Jan 22, 2013 09:32 AM

I have about 20 of the old FG txs. they do use the larger modules, and
you can use either the AM or FM module. (with matching RXs)
I have a box full of modules, but I would only sell them with radios.
Smitty

#9 georgewaldrop Jan 23, 2013 12:54 AM

Futaba modules in FG series Radios

Just so you know...the newer modules will work fine in the FG series radios...the pinout is identical, just the size of the module is different...you can use the old module "case" to make the newer modules fit better, or "pad" the newer module with small strips of balsa, ply, plastic or what have you, to make the fit in the transmitter case better (the newer modules are physically smaller and will not "clip" in or fit tightly in the receptacle). I have not done this long term, and I have not made the physical changes to make the newer module fit the "receptacle" better, but I HAVE installed and tested for operation and range, the newer Futaba modules in both FM and 2.4...they work great operationally. :popcorn::D

Have a Blessed Day!
George
AMA~L1307<>IMAA~LM207

#10 Fentonflyers Jan 23, 2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgewaldrop (Post 23900971)
Just so you know...the newer modules will work fine in the FG series radios...the pinout is identical, just the size of the module is different...you can use the old module "case" to make the newer modules fit better, or "pad" the newer module with small strips of balsa, ply, plastic or what have you, to make the fit in the transmitter case better (the newer modules are physically smaller and will not "clip" in or fit tightly in the receptacle). I have not done this long term, and I have not made the physical changes to make the newer module fit the "receptacle" better, but I HAVE installed and tested for operation and range, the newer Futaba modules in both FM and 2.4...they work great operationally. :popcorn::D

Have a Blessed Day!
George
AMA~L1307<>IMAA~LM207

Awesome tip! Thanks!