RC Groups

RC Groups
    Large Electric Helis
        Discussion Align 550E DFC Super Combo

#1 eugenechong Jan 17, 2013 07:48 AM

Align 550E DFC Super Combo
 
3 Attachment(s)
Just finished building this bird and had nearly 10-12 hovers in the last 2 days to break in the new lipos....

canopy came in with a tiny lil crack but apart from that all good...

Here is an attachment of the 550e with my 250 and 450...a lot larger in size and a lot scarier on the maiden hover.....this is my first heli above 450 size.

i have both the 250 and 550e on 3gx v2.1. the 3gx is definately a lot nicer to fly on the bigger 550e. both settings were a lil' different as i've got higher AIL and ELV endpoint as i wanted it to be a lil rocket.... the 550e is extremely calm and stable even on low head speed and in gusty wind....

will now have to wait for the strong wind to stop before i can start doing more adjustment on it in the field. backyard is too small for this bird....

here are some pictures of my 550E DFC. Feel free to comment or if you have one, please join in =)

#2 t-rexn8 Jan 25, 2013 10:56 AM

I like the new canopy. Looks great!

#3 eugenechong Jan 26, 2013 08:34 AM

yeah it looks beautiful and has plenty of room under hood. i think it is the same as 600 size canopy. the 550e dfc parts are really confusing as it uses both 550e and 600 parts together.....which will make parts ordering really confusing......

#4 stingeragents Jan 26, 2013 03:23 PM

Ugh, I can't decide between this, a cheap fusion 50 build, or the new raptor e550s (and converting it to FBL). The rappy will be the cheapest out of the box until I get around to converting it. The fusion will be just a tad more than the rex. The rex though with what I'll have to get for the fusion to keep costs down will have the best electronics.

#5 eugenechong Jan 26, 2013 11:45 PM

i can recommend a salesperson to you if u wanna get align heli or parts.....it is normally 25% cheaper than the align RRP....trust me u won't get it any cheaper elsewhere....unless if u r a distributor urself.....

i would suggest u go for align as parts are easy to get from LHS around....not too sure bout fusion.....parts might be more expensive n harder to get.... but again....this supplier that i dealt with is giving 25% off parts as well..... PM me if u r interested =)

#6 beenflying Jan 27, 2013 12:06 AM

The 550 size is a nice size. How's your CoG with this kit? I hear they are supplying the 600 boom now, and getting the CoG right is near impossible.

#7 Dejavu*Xion Jan 27, 2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenechong (Post 23943384)
i can recommend a salesperson to you if u wanna get align heli or parts.....it is normally 25% cheaper than the align RRP....trust me u won't get it any cheaper elsewhere....unless if u r a distributor urself.....

i would suggest u go for align as parts are easy to get from LHS around....not too sure bout fusion.....parts might be more expensive n harder to get.... but again....this supplier that i dealt with is giving 25% off parts as well..... PM me if u r interested =)

Damn....wher were you last month when i bought one. :(

#8 eugenechong Jan 27, 2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beenflying (Post 23943499)
The 550 size is a nice size. How's your CoG with this kit? I hear they are supplying the 600 boom now, and getting the CoG right is near impossible.

the COG of this is really bad....i have only 3000mah packs at the moment and i put the packs all the way down to the front edge with just an inch sticking on the tray....but yet the tail is still heavy.....however, it doesn't really feel that way when flying it.....it is quite nice to be honest.....yes it has 600 boom and parts are really confusing as this heli uses a mixture of both 600 and 550e parts....n a few new parts too......

i have a few 5000 packs coming in the next few days...hopefully the COG can be fixed with bigger packs.....:popcorn:

#9 eugenechong Jan 27, 2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion (Post 23943688)
Damn....wher were you last month when i bought one. :(

not too late mate....u can still always get discounted align parts.....25% off align RRP....u wont find it any cheaper on any site....any shops....trust me... =) pm me if u r interested.

#10 Dejavu*Xion Jan 27, 2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenechong (Post 23945594)
not too late mate....u can still always get discounted align parts.....25% off align RRP....u wont find it any cheaper on any site....any shops....trust me... =) pm me if u r interested.

Have your name written down..Will pm you next Align Order. Thanks bro . :cool:

#11 mhills51 Jan 31, 2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenechong (Post 23945589)
the COG of this is really bad....i have only 3000mah packs at the moment and i put the packs all the way down to the front edge with just an inch sticking on the tray....but yet the tail is still heavy.....however, it doesn't really feel that way when flying it.....it is quite nice to be honest.....yes it has 600 boom and parts are really confusing as this heli uses a mixture of both 600 and 550e parts....n a few new parts too......

i have a few 5000 packs coming in the next few days...hopefully the COG can be fixed with bigger packs.....:popcorn:

Yes a 3000 pack would be the smallest pack if not recommended for a 550. I run a 3300 on my 500e. 3800 to 5000 should be the normal pack for a 550 and a 3800 weighs a lot more than a 3000

#12 eugenechong Jan 31, 2013 09:14 PM

yeah i just got the 5000 packs and the cg is nearly almost balance.....will test fly it again this arvo to see if the the 5000 does magic...

#13 Dejavu*Xion Jan 31, 2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhills51 (Post 23996267)
Yes a 3000 pack would be the smallest pack if not recommended for a 550. I run a 3300 on my 500e. 3800 to 5000 should be the normal pack for a 550 and a 3800 weighs a lot more than a 3000

Will a 3300mah fit in the 500e pod & boom style with no battery tray mod ? ( know your 500e is in a fuse) With 2800mah I get 5 min flight time..an extra min if 3300mah fits would sure be nice.



Echong: I run a 5200mah 40c in my 550..fits just fine and c.g is good.

#14 eugenechong Feb 01, 2013 12:49 AM

xion, the 3300 should fit in the pod w/o any modifications.....but u have to put the whole battery straight right hanging at the front, with just an inch sticking on the tray....just to get as much as balance on the CG as possible. my 3000mah lasts me for only 4 minutes with 3.8v on each cell left....i can still fly with it but the heli feels extremely heavy even with 50% (3.8v) left....

#15 Dejavu*Xion Feb 02, 2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenechong (Post 23997934)
xion, the 3300 should fit in the pod w/o any modifications.....but u have to put the whole battery straight right hanging at the front, with just an inch sticking on the tray....just to get as much as balance on the CG as possible. my 3000mah lasts me for only 4 minutes with 3.8v on each cell left....i can still fly with it but the heli feels extremely heavy even with 50% (3.8v) left....

Ya know your right..After giving it a bit more thought. My 500 does feel very heavy with a 3000mah compared to that of the 2800mah's i fly. ( can only imagine what a 33 would feel like ) Think i best just stick with the 28's And be content with the 5min flight times.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.