RC Groups

RC Groups
    Nitro and Glow Power Cars
        Discussion Vintage Kyosho Turbo Burns 4WD

#1 benners05 Jan 17, 2013 07:24 AM

Vintage Kyosho Turbo Burns 4WD

Hi all

I'm currently restoring a 1990 Kyosho Turbo Burns and am struggling to find some parts. I was wondering if anyone out there new of anywhere that might have some old stock kicking about.

I'm after:

BS-65 Fuel Tank
BS-10 Bumper
BS 58 & 59 Wheels
BS 31 &32 Tyres
Front propshaft (unsure of BS number)
Gearbox cover (small plastic sheet with bulge in for large gear)

I've tried Ebay but not had any luck. Cheers!

#2 10x8 Jan 17, 2013 04:17 PM

We used to write about our old Kyosho Landmaxs over at rc car action. There is a thread there about your car: http://radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=35901
Granted it is a year old, and you may have to wait some time for a reply, I am sure there will be plenty of people that would have parts laying around.
I have the fuel tank BS-65, used? I assume you are in US?

#3 benners05 Jan 18, 2013 08:29 AM

Thanks for this! Im in the UK and think I've managed to find a tank over here. I will keep you posted though

Ben

#4 mredzadventure Jan 18, 2013 10:12 PM

Hey Ben Ebay can be a good source for parts but it hit or miss when they are available. keep checking. I have that car as well. Sorry no extra parts though. Check and see if the first generation Inferno parts are available. I know thew wheels will fit.

#5 txt killer Jan 19, 2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benners05 (Post 23841199)
Hi all

I'm currently restoring a 1990 Kyosho Turbo Burns and am struggling to find some parts. I was wondering if anyone out there new of anywhere that might have some old stock kicking about.

I'm after:

BS-65 Fuel Tank
BS-10 Bumper
BS 58 & 59 Wheels
BS 31 &32 Tyres
Front propshaft (unsure of BS number)
Gearbox cover (small plastic sheet with bulge in for large gear)

I've tried Ebay but not had any luck. Cheers!

The OEM tank has been replaced by a newer verson.
The bumper is impossible to find
OEM Tires and wheels are impossible to fine new
Forget about the gear box covers. It is easier to make your own or replace the gearboxes to the first gen Inferno Dx.

#6 mredzadventure Jan 19, 2013 09:58 AM

I found a few parts on ebay it is hit or miss but you have to keep checking

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

#7 adoois Feb 15, 2013 06:50 AM

For sale.... Vintage kyosho turbo burns

Hi Guys,

I found your posts when I was searching for into to put on my ebay auction for Kyosho Turbo Burns.

It's in great condition, two full sets of new wheels and tyres, a few brand new plastic suspension struts for the front and rear, two ok painted body shells, good condition bumper, spare fuel tank, quite a lot of unused original decals left, OS Max engine fitted. all with instructions and in a tidy original box.

Anyone like to make me an offer, before I put it onto ebay?

I'm in Fife, Scotland, UK

#8 adoois Feb 19, 2013 04:03 AM

NOW ON EBAY!....Vintage Boxed Kyosho Turbo Burns

It's now up on ebay!

Boxed, with unused decals, two full sets of unsued tires in different compounds, unused and unopened option parts, spare fuel tank, and more.

See the detailed description, or search ebay for "Vintage Kyosho Turbo Burns 4wd with Spares"

It's the only one on there!

Here's the link...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Kyos...item2ec6543f03

#9 cenracer1 Feb 19, 2013 01:40 PM

I had one of those that I sold recently and regret doing. I would look at this one but the shipping to the US is over $200 usd.. Is that a mistake?