RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hitec/Multiplex USA
        Discussion Hitech 9 channe Rx shorted

#1 War Machine Jan 17, 2013 06:55 AM

Hitech 9 channe Rx shorted

My wiring harness shorted while plugged into my 9 channel Rx. Its completely dead. Is it repairable ?

#2 notruthless Jan 17, 2013 12:14 PM

It would be worth it to send it Hitec. Check their website under customer support. They do great things w/ customer service.

#3 Woodstock 1 Jan 17, 2013 12:21 PM

Be thankful then you live in the US of Aye. I had one Optima RX that was dead, and one that was kind of "jittery". I sent them off the local agents, J Perkins, UK. They came back to me and said: "one Optima RX is dead, and the other one is kind of "jittery". Wow. Genius's. "Oh, and they can't be repaired." Oh. "Can I have the antennae back perhaps?" "Yeah, sure, but you need to send us 89765 for postage and handling." "For two tiny liddle bits of wire?" "Yeah". I told them to throw them away :mad:...

Chris

#4 War Machine Jan 18, 2013 05:02 AM

Thats part of my problem too - Im in South Africa ;)
I think I'll post it to the US for repair.

#5 A.T. Jan 18, 2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Machine (Post 23850413)
Thats part of my problem too - Im in South Africa ;) I think I'll post it to the US for repair.

"I think I'll post it to the US for repair."
Suggest you email, including photos of board and explanation of cause, to USA Service centre for quote first:
Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
service@hitecrcd.com any time you have a question"
If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

In most instances of shorted Optima, especially 7ch when user has plugged the SPC lead into the data port,
cost to repair, including freight, is not much different to that of a new unit.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links