RC Groups

RC Groups
    Australia
        Rave Spektrum Gratton Air Invitational (SGAI)

#1 Rob Knox Jan 14, 2013 01:19 AM

Spektrum Gratton Air Invitational (SGAI)
 
1 Attachment(s)
4 Day Competition
February 14-17
Gratton Field, Calvert (1 1/2 hours West of Brisbane on the Warrago Highway)

Featuring Ali Machinchy (UK) and Mike McConvile (USA)

#2 gouch Jan 14, 2013 02:32 AM

wow, cool! Pity it wasn't closer.

Sounds like it will be a huge event!

#3 MclF1 Jan 14, 2013 03:00 AM

yeah pitty its to far away :(

#4 Rob Knox Jan 14, 2013 03:31 AM

You have time to organise a trip up gents, there are excellent camping facilities on site.

#5 DinoR Jan 14, 2013 03:49 AM

Would not miss it...Rob do you know what the International visitors are flying ?....also would you be able to advise where to go or accomodation ie motels nearby ?

Thank you Dino

#6 AussieNewbie Jan 14, 2013 04:29 AM

How many brownouts and other losses of link can we expect to see? ;)

#7 Rob Knox Jan 14, 2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinoR (Post 23808814)
Would not miss it...Rob do you know what the International visitors are flying ?....also would you be able to advise where to go or accomodation ie motels nearby ?

Thank you Dino

G'day Dino, I have done a quick google search of accomm in the laidley area, and I expect that this search link should get you some where to stay. Laidley is 15 mins from Gratton Field. The directions will be available, but you can also expect to see many signs to direct you in.
http://www.aaatourism.com.au/accommo...ation/laidley/

Ali and Mike will be flying many aircrafty over the 4 days, including my PC9 I hope, but they will be pylon racing with a Spitfire and P40E.

#8 Rob Knox Jan 14, 2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieNewbie (Post 23808917)
How many brownouts and other losses of link can we expect to see? ;)

None.

However, Pylon racing should produce quite some spectacle....usually does.

Rob:D

#9 mdem Jan 14, 2013 06:50 AM

Super cool to see Australia having an event like this. Wish it was in Melbourne though! ;_;

#10 Rob Knox Jan 14, 2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdem (Post 23809453)
Super cool to see Australia having an event like this. Wish it was in Melbourne though! ;_;

Get together with a couple of mates and make a weekend of it Michael.
This is going to be the Greatest International RC Comp Australia has ever hosted. The models will be amazing, the flying world class, and the opportunity to talk with other RC Aircraft enthusiasts...Unrivaled.
Send the info to your RC mates, and just Make It Happen.
We'd love to see you come up.

Rob

#11 shanesmadhouse Jan 14, 2013 06:58 AM

Just read this post and already looking forward to getting out there and seeing the talents of these pilots and their aircraft. Just hope the heat has gone by then.
Over a 90 minute drive but well worth it I hope.

Going to tell the other guys that fly all about this beauty.

#12 Rob Knox Jan 14, 2013 07:08 AM

STOP Press
 
1 Attachment(s)
Extra Entry Category Announced!!

#13 Rob Knox Jan 14, 2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanesmadhouse (Post 23809493)
Just read this post and already looking forward to getting out there and seeing the talents of these pilots and their aircraft. Just hope the heat has gone by then.
Over a 90 minute drive but well worth it I hope.

Going to tell the other guys that fly all about this beauty.

Shane, when you get bit by the aviation bug, you get bit!!
I just looked at your Blogg.
Mate, to call you a prolific builder would be an understatement!

Looking forward to seeing you at the SGAI.
Rob

#14 shanesmadhouse Jan 14, 2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Knox (Post 23809560)
Shane, when you get bit by the aviation bug, you get bit!!
I just looked at your Blogg.
Mate, to call you a prolific builder would be an understatement!

Looking forward to seeing you at the SGAI.
Rob

Rob,
I have had the bug for as long as I can remember honestly. I guess my dad taking me to Archerfield when I was young was a good thing.
Thanks for the compliment as I am not really a prolific builder but do dabble when I can.

See hope to see you there too.

#15 mdem Jan 14, 2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Knox (Post 23809486)
Get together with a couple of mates and make a weekend of it Michael.
This is going to be the Greatest International RC Comp Australia has ever hosted. The models will be amazing, the flying world class, and the opportunity to talk with other RC Aircraft enthusiasts...Unrivaled.
Send the info to your RC mates, and just Make It Happen.
We'd love to see you come up.

Rob

You have no idea how much I wish I could, but I already have plans to go to QLD in march, and cant fit two trips in, if I knew this was been held I would have made plans for late feb and swing by here first haha :(
Is this going to be a yearly held event in Australia now, or a one off? ,_,

*edit* yep just looking, no way I'd be able to swing my visit to QLD before march, bloody money constraints :(
I really hope this isnt a one off :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.