RC Groups

RC Groups
    Trader Talk
        Alert I sold futaba 9c Guy Wants Refund Before Returning Radio

#1 Forrest Gump 23 Jan 10, 2013 09:13 AM

I sold futaba 9c Guy Wants Refund Before Returning Radio
 
Guys almost 3 weeks ago I left for vacation but before I did, In Radio section I sold two futaba 9c radio's one of the buyers on RCG said it was a 9c for helis which I know it can be used for planes as well, However customer wanted refund I told the guy he can return it to me upon my arrival back to the states. He refuses to send radio back unless I refund him first (yea right).

Buyer then sends me pm threatning me to return his money before he takes matters into his own hands not worried about it. it will be something he'll regret
coming near my home or family. btw buyer was Mercurypro on RCG.

Just wanted to post this and get your feed back on our transaction on who's in the right here.

#2 bethelflier8036 Jan 10, 2013 09:19 AM

I feel ur in the right he has to send the item back before he gets a refund.

#3 desertdweller Jan 10, 2013 09:22 AM

Yep, NO refunds until the TX is back in your hands AND youve verified that the TX is in the same condition that you sold it in!

IMHO :p

#4 bethelflier8036 Jan 10, 2013 09:24 AM

U should post pm where yall talked. If he is threatening then that's serious. Did u use PayPal or what??

#5 lashmett75 Jan 10, 2013 09:26 AM

If you listed it as a heli radio and he purchased it. Then you are under no obligation to refund anything. You would be just doing a "nice guy" move. But I would not refund the $$$ until the radio is returned.

He paid prior to shipment, so you have earned the trust already....so he needs to send the radio and then a refund will follow.

Just my .02 cents

James

#6 Forrest Gump 23 Jan 10, 2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethelflier8036 (Post 23770768)
U should post pm where yall talked. If he is threatening then that's serious. Did u use PayPal or what??

yes we used paypal and I posted tracking# their as well below is his pm


IF I DONT GET PAYED IN 24 HOURS I WILL TAKE MATTERS INTO MY OWN HAND!!!!AND YOU WONT LIKE IT.

#7 bethelflier8036 Jan 10, 2013 09:34 AM

Hmm man stand ur ground I sent him a pm inviting him to this thread. So if he decides to join the conversation....

#8 Forrest Gump 23 Jan 10, 2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lashmett75 (Post 23770788)
If you listed it as a heli radio and he purchased it. Then you are under no obligation to refund anything. You would be just doing a "nice guy" move. But I would not refund the $$$ until the radio is returned.

He paid prior to shipment, so you have earned the trust already....so he needs to send the radio and then a refund will follow.

Just my .02 cents

James

I did not know the radio was a heli tx, I bought it on RCG open the box when I got it tx looked nice I then closed box never payed attention that it was heli tx , I like always was just in a spending mood and really had no need for the tx since i got 6 tx as it is. So i decided to sell it for the new futaba 14sg. had i payed more attention i definitely would have posted heli tx so my bad on that one.

#9 Forrest Gump 23 Jan 10, 2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethelflier8036 (Post 23770855)
Hmm man stand ur ground I sent him a pm inviting him to this thread. So if he decides to join the conversation....

Im cool with that

#10 desertdweller Jan 10, 2013 09:36 AM

Im sure that you already know this but keep all of your correspondence......it will only help your case... and hurt his. If he trys anything (chargebacks etc.)

#11 PropsnWings Jan 10, 2013 09:39 AM

Ya, stand your ground. He needs to ship it back BEFORE any refund is given.

I'd report any threats to harm you to the local authorities, just as precaution. That is totally not cool.

#12 desertdweller Jan 10, 2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 23 (Post 23770859)
I did not know the radio was a heli tx, I bought it on RCG open the box when I got it tx looked nice I then closed box never payed attention that it was heli tx , I like always was just in a spending mood and really had no need for the tx since i got 6 tx as it is a decided to sell it for the new futaba 14sg. had i payed more attention i definitely would have posted heli tx so my bad on that one.


Well He might try and pull a "not as advertised" but from the story weve gotten here so far. From what Ive understand you havnt said that you wont refund, just that you wont refund without getting the TX back first.

And thats pretty much how its done everywhere.

#13 Forrest Gump 23 Jan 10, 2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertdweller (Post 23770927)
Well He might try and pull a "not as advertised" but from the story weve gotten here so far. From what Ive understand you havnt said that you wont refund, just that you wont refund without getting the TX back first.

And thats pretty much how its done everywhere.

Exactly my point ck my trader rating, It speaks for itself that Im a fair guy.

#14 Forrest Gump 23 Jan 10, 2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropsnWings (Post 23770908)
Ya, stand your ground. He needs to ship it back BEFORE any refund is given.

I'd report any threats to harm you to the local authorities, just as precaution. That is totally not cool.

Already did.

#15 desertdweller Jan 10, 2013 09:45 AM

Yeah I dont feel that your good name is in any danger here.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.