RC Groups

RC Groups
    Life, The Universe, and Politics
        Discussion Another Success Story for the Obama Administration.

#1 LcJ Jan 08, 2013 03:33 PM

Another Success Story for the Obama Administration.

A record number of unborn denied life by Planned Parenthood for 2012. The have denied life to 995,687 in the past three years. The sad part is they seem to be proud of what they have done.

The received 542 million dollars which is another record for them. Me, I am for aborting them from my tax dollars.

#2 AustinTatious Jan 08, 2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcJ (Post 23752958)

Hrm, does that include morning after pills? I am ok with early term abortions. Late term disgust me.

Did you republicans really want another 1+ million mouths to feed? Face it, a large percent of unwanted births would end up as net tax consumers and it certainly doesn't help the mothers (who is likely not In a position to support a kid) ability to live without subsidy.

I do agree that PP should not receive tax money.

#3 Pipemajor Jan 08, 2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcJ (Post 23752958)

I targeted 100% of my annual charitable contributions last year to Planned Parenthood.

Like you, they got none of my taxable income.

#4 scottrc78 Jan 08, 2013 04:01 PM

I will never understand Liberal logic. They want to limit a persons right to have firearms for the cause to prevent murder yet subsidize abortion, aka murder, to protect a women's right.

#5 logan5 Jan 08, 2013 04:03 PM

Planned Parenthood provides a service. I happen to agree with the right for women to have abortions. I do not, however, agree that those facilities such as Planned Parenthood should recieve a single penny of Federal tax money.

#6 Pipemajor Jan 08, 2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan5 (Post 23753272)
Planned Parenthood provides a service. I happen to agree with the right for women to have abortions. I do not, however, agree that those facilities such as Planned Parenthood should recieve a single penny of Federal tax money.

There are no federally-funded abortions.

#7 BE77 Pilot Jan 08, 2013 04:11 PM

I heard they get $250 per abortion from the government.

#8 AustinTatious Jan 08, 2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottrc78 (Post 23753255)
I will never understand Liberal logic. They want to limit a persons right to have firearms for the cause to prevent murder yet subsidize abortion, aka murder, to protect a women's right.

Are you ok with embryonic stem cell research?

Or the morning after pill?

#9 logan5 Jan 08, 2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pipemajor (Post 23753322)

My issue isn't with PP using federal money for abortions, my issue is with PP getting Federal money period. Even if they didn't provide abortion services, I still do not agree with them getting Federal funds.

#10 madsci_guy Jan 08, 2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pipemajor (Post 23753322)

PP receives Federal funds except in TX, and they perform abortions using those funds.

#11 AustinTatious Jan 08, 2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan5 (Post 23753402)
My issue isn't with PP using federal money for abortions, my issue is with PP getting Federal money period. Even if they didn't provide abortion services, I still do not agree with them getting Federal funds.

I am against this as well for ideological reasons.... However in our current society the is absolutely no question that any money spent to keep/help mothers who are unable to support or raise an unwanted child properly from havering an unwanted child is money well spent.

#12 Jim Thomerson Jan 08, 2013 04:52 PM

We have been all through this before. As I recall, PP is a major source of health care of all types for poor women, A small portion of their money is spent on referring women who wish an abortion. None of this money is from tax money.

#13 MaddSkillz Jan 08, 2013 04:53 PM

Eugenics ain't no myth.

#14 madsci_guy Jan 08, 2013 04:54 PM

Meanwhile in reality,

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/20/he...tion.html?_r=0

#15 logan5 Jan 08, 2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinTatious (Post 23753422)
I am against this as well for ideological reasons.... However in our current society the is absolutely no question that any money spent to keep/help mothers who are unable to support or raise an unwanted child properly from havering an unwanted child is money well spent.

Agreed ... but tax funds should come from States and/or Municipalities ... no issues with donations either. At least at the State and Local levels, taxpayers have a stronger say where money is spent and can at least be sure that the money is spent in the communities where they live. This is all very clear in the 10th amendment.