RC Groups

RC Groups
    Coaxial Helicopters
        Help! Walkera 5G6-1 17T Motor Pinion anyone?

#1 eyemdee Jan 08, 2013 03:10 AM

Walkera 5G6-1 17T Motor Pinion anyone?

I am hoping someone may be able to help me find a 5G6-1 motor pinion. I have just acquired this model to rebuild and have sourced everything I need to fully restore it apart from a missing motor pinion.

I can buy 2 new motors but it seems wasteful just for one plastic pinion. If anyone has one knocking about in a spares drawer or on a written off 5G6-1 I would be happy to pay the postage and PayPal costs.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

#2 Chap1012 Jan 08, 2013 10:21 AM

IMHO, I would think it would be wise to buy two new motors. Start fresh! You have no idea of the condition of the existing motors and for 8 bucks it would seem well worth it. As I said, just MHO.

Good luck.

Mike.

#3 eyemdee Jan 08, 2013 05:32 PM

Mike, I am also coming to the same conclusion but it is getting expensive!

I thought I just needed a canopy (broken), landing skid (snapped), motor gear (missing) and main frame (glued together). Now I have discovered a loose locking sleeve set, chewed screws, couldn't resist a new metal swash for 2.50, (!) and gear set, and it also has no charger. Add a pair of new motors to that lot and it will probably make a loss if I ever manage to sell it when it's finished!

Fortunately the receiver and servos all seem to be fine so that's a plus.

Good job I enjoy tinkering and I would still like a motor pinion if anyone can find one :)

#4 Balr14 Jan 08, 2013 06:38 PM

If you are restoring it to sell, you are going to lose money. I had two and couldn't give them away.

#5 eyemdee Jan 09, 2013 04:07 AM

No, I am not restoring to sell, I am restoring because I enjoy it! I gave 10 for it and including all postage and everything ordered the total is now up to 30. If I add a charger and new motors to complete it I will have spent just over 40 for an RTF helicopter which will be as new. If I do decide to dispose of it when I am done then I will be happy with whatever it fetches at auction.

You don't have a motor pinion left over from yours do you? :D

#6 Balr14 Jan 09, 2013 08:23 AM

I may have the motors with the pinions still on them. If I can find them, I'll let you know.

#7 eyemdee Jan 09, 2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balr14 (Post 23759537)
I may have the motors with the pinions still on them. If I can find them, I'll let you know.

That would be great if you do. I just need one pinion, missing off the right hand motor, and will be happy to pay for postage and PayPal fees etc.