RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Heli Talk
        Discussion RC OMG High-End-Servos

#1 DavidBrender Jan 05, 2013 01:02 PM

RC OMG High-End-Servos

Hey guys,
a new Servoproducer gave me some servos for testing on my T-Rex 450 DFC and well, I do really like them -they are much better in performance than the stock Align-Servos included in the kit.
Hereīs the video of the very first testflight with mounted RC OMG servos
T-rex 450 Pro DFC - RC OMG - David Brender (2 min 7 sec)

and the Homepage of RC OMG! www.rcomg.net

enjoy it! :popcorn:

#2 omgsales Jan 05, 2013 01:08 PM

Thanks, David

#3 karlik Jan 05, 2013 01:57 PM

Am I the only one who see's someone join and when the first and only post is an advertisement and a link to a product the first thing that comes to mind is Hormel??

#4 choppersrule Jan 05, 2013 02:20 PM

I notice them too, but it reminds me of the J. G. Wentworth commercial on TV. Just irritates the heck out of me.

JG Wentworth Opera Commercial Cash Now (1 min 1 sec)

#5 Balr14 Jan 05, 2013 02:30 PM

Spam song by Monty Python (3 min 20 sec)

#6 finguz Jan 05, 2013 04:10 PM

I don't like spam!

#7 vg33 Jan 06, 2013 12:06 AM

Music sucked too.

#8 omgsales Jan 06, 2013 05:08 AM

why you said so ?

#9 DavidBrender Jan 06, 2013 06:43 AM

Im sorry for that, itīs true. I got these servos for free and it was settled with RC OMG that i have to do a youtube video with the testflight and than i had to write about my view about RC OMGs servos and my opinion is that they produce very good servos and when they will be available i would also spend money for these servos cause i do really like them. And your comments are not justified because i think that such a new firm like RC OMG needs to earn a chance otherwise no one would ever discover these awesome servos! I am also really looking forward to use RC OMGs ESCs and Motors. Thank you for accepting my point of view and i will definitely write more in Forums in future! :)

#10 shahram72 Jan 06, 2013 09:33 AM

Love that monty python spam bit. Havent seen it since I was a kid. I don't get the jokes at all, but the overall picture is funny to me especially with the vikings when they start singing. Anyone from over the pond care to explain the humor behind the spam? I just see the surface.

#11 karlik Jan 06, 2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBrender (Post 23727198)
i would also spend money for these servos cause i do really like them. And your comments are not justified because i think that such a new firm like RC OMG needs to earn a chance otherwise no one would ever discover these awesome servos!

The problem is companies that won't spend money on advertising. I'll spend my money at a business that actually buys advertising space and supports the forum and the hobby before I spend money at a place that would prefer to just stick some free spam in my face.

#12 shahram72 Jan 06, 2013 10:47 AM

You know, they did this the right way. If you want to score free advertising. Send some people free product who will write a review. There are many rcgroups users here who have the time and would love to receive free product in exchange for a review. I don't see a huge problem with this. Just give an honest review. And no one expects cheap servos to work like expensive ones so be fair with reviews based on price.

#13 karlik Jan 06, 2013 11:19 AM

My first question would be did they really give free servos? This is somebody who joined the forum for the sole purpose of injecting spam, and if he follows the pattern of all the other holiday spam we'll never really see any contributions from him, just 2 or 3 quick "buy my stuff" posts and then gone.
Could even be an employee for all we know - heck, could even be the owner.
Sorry, but I disagree, there's no right way to spam.

#14 Balr14 Jan 06, 2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shahram72 (Post 23728202)
Love that monty python spam bit. Havent seen it since I was a kid. I don't get the jokes at all, but the overall picture is funny to me especially with the vikings when they start singing. Anyone from over the pond care to explain the humor behind the spam? I just see the surface.

A lot of Monty Python skits were loose parodies of comedy routines performed by others. The Spam diner was a homage to the New York diner that served nothing but burgers and Pesi, in recurring skits, performed by the original Saturday Night Live in the mid 70s. Eric Idle was a guest host of Saturday Night Live on several occasions.

#15 wetwolf Jan 06, 2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balr14 (Post 23730307)
A lot of Monty Python skits were loose parodies of comedy routines performed by others. The Spam diner was a homage to the New York diner that served nothing but burgers and Pesi, in recurring skits, performed by the original Saturday Night Live in the mid 70s. Eric Idle was a quest host of Saturday Night Live on several occasions.

Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Pepsi!!!