RC Groups

RC Groups
    Car Talk
        Question Losi XXX readylift Battery? I have no clue

#1 ShowTime88 Dec 30, 2012 09:18 PM

Losi XXX readylift Battery? I have no clue
 
I have no clue which battery I need. I seen horizon hobby had a 6000mah 60c Lipo but it was $75. That's way to much for a battery IMO. I just need something cheap. Will a 5000mah 20c turnigy from hobby king work?

#2 Jeremy Kamutzki Dec 30, 2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowTime88 (Post 23665336)
I have no clue which battery I need. I seen horizon hobby had a 6000mah 60c Lipo but it was $75. That's way to much for a battery IMO. I just need something cheap. Will a 5000mah 20c turnigy from hobby king work?

Yes, if your car runs on 2s lipos that pack will be fine. It has a max discharge rating of 100A and I can't imagine a car running on 2s lipos would draw close to that current.

Turnigy packs ar good, as well as zippy and nanotechs. The nanotechs usually have higher discharge ratings so you might notice a bit more power.

Gens ace batteries are also good and they're sold be hobbypartz.

#3 ShowTime88 Dec 30, 2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki (Post 23665559)
Yes, if your car runs on 2s lipos that pack will be fine. It has a max discharge rating of 100A and I can't imagine a car running on 2s lipos would draw close to that current.

Turnigy packs ar good, as well as zippy and nanotechs. The nanotechs usually have higher discharge ratings so you might notice a bit more power.

Gens ace batteries are also good and they're sold be hobbypartz.

Can I use anything from 20c to 60c on this truck? What's the difference?

#4 Jeremy Kamutzki Dec 31, 2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowTime88 (Post 23665951)
Can I use anything from 20c to 60c on this truck? What's the difference?

The c rating is a number that tells you how many amps your battery pack can discharge at. To find this out, you must take the c rating and multiply it by the Ah (amp hour) of your battery. The ah of your battery is found by dividing the mah (5000 in your case) by 1000 to find the Ah capacity, so your battery would have a capacity of 5 amp hours. The amp hour of the batterymultiplied by the c rating gives you the max discharge rate of the battery in amps. You want this number to be higher than the amp rating of the esc because the esc will only pull what it needs and the battery will puff if it can't discharge as fast as what the esc requires.

So, to answer your question, if your esc rating is less than 100A then the 5000mah battery will work and if it's less than 360A then the 6000mah battery will work fine.

Usually you will feel a bit more punch with a higher c pack because it's just able to deliver the required current quicker.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.