RC Groups

RC Groups
    Off-road Cars
        Discussion 1/10 ReadyLift XXX-SCT comparable Lipo?

#1 ShowTime88 Dec 30, 2012 06:56 AM

1/10 ReadyLift XXX-SCT comparable Lipo?

What is a good cheap Lipo for this? I don't want to pay $75 for the 6000mah 60c they offer.

#2 homedefender83 Jan 01, 2013 12:53 AM

Great question. If you are new please keep the question coming as there is alot of good knowledge here. This is my battery of choice. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ar_Lipoly.html

#3 wparsons Jan 01, 2013 07:56 AM

I switched over to GensAce packs last summer in my stadium truck and they've been great. I'm personally running the 2s5000mah 50c packs with the bullets in the casing.

#4 rustlererad3 Jan 01, 2013 06:14 PM

forget gens ace nano techs are my vote for a lipo

#5 SoloProFan Jan 02, 2013 12:50 AM

I don't run packs this big (yet), in fact before my cars were picked up from the mothballs and I added a few more to "the garage" the biggest lipo in my possession was a 1S 300 mAh. Since I only run 1/10 scale buggies, which are relatively lightweight, a 4000 mAh pack already gives me 15 minutes or more running time. In fact, being winter here, I usually quit driving before the battery is getting close to going empty, as I'm getting cold.

But I do have 2 car packs now, both stick pack shape, so they fit vintage cars that only accept 6 cell packs, one RC Plus 4000 mAh and one a Reedy Wolfpack 3000 mAh. Both gave the car they are used in a nice performance boost, adding around 5 km/h to the top speed, as well as better acceleration. The RC Plus pack is so balanced, I can afford not to balance charge it every cycle, saving quite some charging time. The Wolfpack came with a difference of 0.2 volts between the 2 cells, which took hours to equalize on the first charge. It's been better since, but it seems Reedy took less care to match the cells, or the pack needs a few more cycles to even out, or it's just exemplary, as this pack keeps having more voltage differences than the other one up till now.

#6 homedefender83 Jan 02, 2013 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoloProFan (Post 23685867)
I don't run packs this big (yet), in fact before my cars were picked up from the mothballs and I added a few more to "the garage" the biggest lipo in my possession was a 1S 300 mAh. Since I only run 1/10 scale buggies, which are relatively lightweight, a 4000 mAh pack already gives me 15 minutes or more running time. In fact, being winter here, I usually quit driving before the battery is getting close to going empty, as I'm getting cold.

But I do have 2 car packs now, both stick pack shape, so they fit vintage cars that only accept 6 cell packs, one RC Plus 4000 mAh and one a Reedy Wolfpack 3000 mAh. Both gave the car they are used in a nice performance boost, adding around 5 km/h to the top speed, as well as better acceleration. The RC Plus pack is so balanced, I can afford not to balance charge it every cycle, saving quite some charging time. The Wolfpack came with a difference of 0.2 volts between the 2 cells, which took hours to equalize on the first charge. It's been better since, but it seems Reedy took less care to match the cells, or the pack needs a few more cycles to even out, or it's just exemplary, as this pack keeps having more voltage differences than the other one up till now.

Wow that post made me so drowsy.

#7 SoloProFan Jan 02, 2013 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homedefender83 (Post 23686206)
Wow that post made me so drowsy.

Here's a coffee for you. ;)

I felt drowsy as well as I was waiting for the Reedy pack to get the cells balanced. And for those that don't like reading more than 3 lines, a summary:

- Rc Plus 2s 4000 mAh has been great so far.
- Reedy Wolfpack 2S 3000 mAh works fine as well, but keep an eye on the voltage of the individual cells, in case more packs suffer from inbalance besides the one I got.

Better now? :rolleyes:

#8 wparsons Jan 02, 2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustlererad3 (Post 23682662)
forget gens ace nano techs are my vote for a lipo

There's at least 3 people at my local track that have had brutal failures with nano-techs, and even more than have raced a full season with a single gens ace pack without issue.

Consider that every race day is 3 or 4 qualifies plus a main, and practice in the morning that's at least 6 cycles per race day. Add in any practice days, probably another 3-4 cycles each day and you're at well over 50 cycles in a season.

#9 rustlererad3 Jan 02, 2013 01:40 PM

hmmm i dont know why gens ace batteries have let me down so many times but they have...turnigy packs have not let me down ever nor have the duratrax lipo packs i bought for bashing