New Forum Requests
        Discussion New forum request - Radio Control Systems

#1 HotAir2 Dec 26, 2012 12:56 PM

New forum request - Radio Control Systems

New Forum Suggestion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Name: Radio Control Systems

Category: Top level, at same level as Aircraft, Boats, Cars, Classifieds

Description: Discuss radio control systems, programming etc from all manufacturers

Justification: Thers is no place to post a question about a radio. For example, If I want to ask the question, 'How do I program snap flap on my Futaba radio', there is nowhere to go. I could go to Aircraft/Sailplanes/Slope, or Aircraft/Electric/General but would only be seen by a small percentage of users.
Or how about this question... 'I want to buy a new radio, and I fly gliders on the slope, Heli's indoors and I have a petrol powered car, which one should I buy' There is no forum suitable for that.
Under this new top level there could be sub levels like
Programming (how to program your radio. Could have sub categories like Futaba, JR, etc)
Pros and Cons of different brands
For sale

The name of the forum (Radio Control Systems) is open for opinions.
Thanks, Neal

#2 A10FLYR Dec 26, 2012 01:24 PM

Sounds well intentioned but by the time post count hits two pages there will most likley be a pi**ing match between brand loyal pilots. And a full time job for a moderator!!

#3 slipstick Dec 26, 2012 06:17 PM

Not sure why you need to duplicate the existing Radios forum http://www.rcgroups.com/radios-135/

It's been working pretty well for Radio Control questions for many years, even if some people do seem to have trouble finding it ;).

Steve

#4 HotAir2 Dec 26, 2012 06:33 PM

Doh!

#5 Woodstock 1 Dec 27, 2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotAir2 (Post 23626911)
Doh!

Don't feel bad - I didn't know there was such a section either! Double-doh :)!

Chris

#6 HotAir2 Dec 27, 2012 12:19 PM

I've had a bit of feedback, seems that the existing forum is fine, but there has been a bit of surprise that it is there, many people can't find it. Suggestion is to move the existing one up a level so it is not under aircraft.

#7 pddmcclu Jan 17, 2013 09:29 PM

Is it possible to use almost any 2.4Ghz radio with the Phoenix Flight Simulator, or are only SPECIFIC ones useable for that purpose?

#8 dwinnd Mar 30, 2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotAir2 (Post 23632536)
I've had a bit of feedback, seems that the existing forum is fine, but there has been a bit of surprise that it is there, many people can't find it. Suggestion is to move the existing one up a level so it is not under aircraft.

Yes I agree, sounds a good idea if not too problematic for the administrators and existing users who know about it.:):rolleyes:
Dave