RC Groups

RC Groups
    Life, The Universe, and Politics
        Careful! Another storm for the central states

#1 56S Dec 25, 2012 08:24 AM

Another storm for the central states

Just what I needed to spice up my mini vacation over the Holidays. So, time on my butt cut short. Oldest son is here and he gets studded snows on all four corners before he heads north, double check the Wheelhorse, ATV and generators, visit with the three elderly ladies down below (wife calls them my gray haired girlfriends) to assure them we will be here to take care of them, send out the emergancy ops plan this afternoon for the company and best of all, uncork that bottle of Glenlivet I just got for Christmas!:D

I did notice SeanP may be getting a visit from some T'storms soon. Hang in there bud!

#2 madsci_guy Dec 25, 2012 09:44 AM

Thundering here as we speak.

#3 62pilot Dec 25, 2012 10:20 AM

10 to 11 inches here, we're supposed to get some snow also..........

#4 Jim Thomerson Dec 25, 2012 11:04 AM

No rain in September, 1.25 in in October, 0.1 inch since then. Not a cloud in the sky, though the wind is blowing. Maybe something will blow in.

#5 Sonsight Dec 25, 2012 11:09 AM

A "historic" snowstorm coming to Arkansas, according to the local tv stations. And to think I left Colorado to get away from snow!
Jake

#6 56S Dec 25, 2012 11:13 AM

I don't know what to make of this one. Winds out of the east for a change. It will be a wet, blowing snow.

What do you fellows make of the Weather Channel naming winter storms? Since I quit watching TWC years ago instead relying on weather.gov, I really haven't formed an opinion.

#7 seanpcola Dec 25, 2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 56S (Post 23615578)
Just what I needed to spice up my mini vacation over the Holidays. So, time on my butt cut short. Oldest son is here and he gets studded snows on all four corners before he heads north, double check the Wheelhorse, ATV and generators, visit with the three elderly ladies down below (wife calls them my gray haired girlfriends) to assure them we will be here to take care of them, send out the emergancy ops plan this afternoon for the company and best of all, uncork that bottle of Glenlivet I just got for Christmas!:D

I did notice SeanP may be getting a visit from some T'storms soon. Hang in there bud!

Yep, spent part of Christmas Eve cabling hangar doors and double-tying down everything.:rolleyes: Gotta admit the skies looked mighty angry all day yesterday. Rained like a monsoon for most of the day. Temps rose and humidity topped out. Had both AC zones running wide open at the house to cool everything down and dry out. Back to T-shirts and cargo shorts today for casual wear. Ran to Lowe's last night (another story) at 5:30 PM and when we walked back out I almost couldn't find my truck in the parking lot due to some extremely heavy fog. Wife was scheduled to work 6:00-2:00 today (FBO at Pensacola Regional) and has been sitting back reading a book all day. Ain't nothing much getting in and certainly no GA.

Typical Christmas here, hot and muggy. A little snow would at least set a better mood though I am NOT complaining over zero shoveling.

#8 n00b-E Dec 25, 2012 01:38 PM

White Christmas here, it's absolutely beautiful (albeit cooooold) outside. You guys stay safe and warm.

#9 madsci_guy Dec 25, 2012 02:01 PM

Yup, now it's snowing.

#10 56S Dec 25, 2012 02:12 PM

Ohio is having the standard gray, overcast Christmas.

#11 62pilot Dec 25, 2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonsight (Post 23616441)
A "historic" snowstorm coming to Arkansas, according to the local tv stations. And to think I left Colorado to get away from snow!
Jake

Yea, we got "Blizzard Warnings" here in Clay Co. First time EVER.

#12 56S Dec 25, 2012 03:28 PM

Anyway we can start a good natured virtual snowball fight? It's going to be the perfect snow for it. Since SeanP mentioned running his AC, we should start plastering him first.:)

#13 UlteriorModem Dec 25, 2012 03:56 PM

I saw the headlines yesterday and thought to myself. "Wow what is with all this fear mongering over weather as of late?"

#14 62pilot Dec 25, 2012 04:03 PM

We need more legeslation to control weather. And kkep it out of the hands of eveil doers.

#15 56S Dec 25, 2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62pilot (Post 23618191)
We need more legeslation to control weather. And kkep it out of the hands of eveil doers.

You mean like The Weather Channel?:D

Readers Digest had an interesting article on TV weather reporting.....er I mean exaggeration for the purpose of ratings. Never! No way!:rolleyes: