RC Groups

RC Groups
    R/C Blogs
        Discussion Carbon Fiber Super Skysurfer FPV Pod

#1 chanyote66 Dec 23, 2012 02:42 AM

Carbon Fiber Super Skysurfer FPV Pod
 
So I wanted to finally have my hand at carbonfiber and figured a dual camera Pan/Tilt would be a great project for my SSS.

Super Skysurfer FPV pod Carbonfiber 180 (2 min 2 sec)

#2 mtrcyclemichael Jan 31, 2013 11:36 AM

awesome
 
I am looking forward to seeing it mounted! and the flight videos!

#3 chanyote66 Jan 31, 2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtrcyclemichael (Post 23990876)
I am looking forward to seeing it mounted! and the flight videos!

Ya! Its a awesome build, turned out better than i was expecting :) ... Just waiting on good weather now...

FPV pod test with dual cameras (1 min 18 sec)

#4 mtrcyclemichael Jan 31, 2013 11:46 AM

Yeah, I saw that video on your YT. Is that mounted on the plane, or just bench mounted?

#5 chanyote66 Jan 31, 2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtrcyclemichael (Post 23990992)
Yeah, I saw that video on your YT. Is that mounted on the plane, or just bench mounted?

its sitting on a flying wing... the SSS was getting servo wiring and gluing done... just need magnets and it will fit nicely in the place of the stock Canopy.

Chris

#6 mtrcyclemichael Jan 31, 2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chanyote66 (Post 23991003)
its sitting on a flying wing... the SSS was getting servo wiring and gluing done... just need magnets and it will fit nicely in the place of the stock Canopy.

Chris

So how are you able to control the pan/tilt during flight? I would imagine you were using your xmitter sticks while you were testing it, but what will you use when the sticks are being used for the plane?

#7 chanyote66 Jan 31, 2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtrcyclemichael (Post 23991190)
So how are you able to control the pan/tilt during flight? I would imagine you were using your xmitter sticks while you were testing it, but what will you use when the sticks are being used for the plane?

I have a head tracker in my goggles. It senses where i look and directs the camera there.

I also have a mix in my remote that switches my throttle/rudder over to another Pot on the remote so the stick can be used for the camera.

Chris

#8 mtrcyclemichael Jan 31, 2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chanyote66 (Post 23991744)
I have a head tracker in my goggles. It senses where i look and directs the camera there.

I also have a mix in my remote that switches my throttle/rudder over to another Pot on the remote so the stick can be used for the camera.

Chris

Thats sick dude! Cant wait to see it! Make sure you have weaver call me next time you guys go fly.

#9 chanyote66 Jan 31, 2013 08:18 PM

will do...

#10 Chrisdu4B Apr 12, 2014 08:57 PM

Doesnt the carbon fiber create rf interfeirence?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.