RC Groups

RC Groups
    Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models
        Discussion Vapor binding trouble

#1 richlear Dec 10, 2012 12:51 AM

Vapor binding trouble

Hello, I have a Vapor BNF which I was using with a Spektrum DX4e transmitter without any problems. For some reason I now cannot get the transmitter and receiver to bind successfully. I have followed the instructions carefully, reset the transmitter and so on but cannot get it to bind at all now.

I have fully charged batts in both Tx and Rx

Any suggestions?

thanks

#2 JoeSay Dec 10, 2012 05:39 AM

This happened to me just a few weeks ago. My DX6i suddenly lost its bind and then wouldn't rebind. Turns out it was the circuit board. Something went randomly wrong so I had to get a new one.

Sorry to Be the bearer of bad news.

#3 buratino Dec 10, 2012 05:54 AM

You may want to try move the Tx farther from your plane, some time too close it also can not bind

#4 UNGN Dec 10, 2012 06:55 AM

If it's an original Vapor, and the board doesn't have a green sticker on the board, it uses a different binding procedure from all modern HH planes.

On the Original Vapors, you had only 5 seconds after you plugged in the battery to turn on the TX holding the Bind button... instead of waiting for the Board LED to flash.

#5 Tim Wolff Dec 10, 2012 08:15 AM

The original Vapor bricks were flaky binding even when working properly. Like UNGN said, the binding process is different from the newer generation of bricks.

Turn on the TX in bind mode then promptly connect the battery to the RX.
Move the TX 4 or more ft. away from the RX when binding.
Turn off any 2.4 GHz wireless phones or wireless network equipment that is nearby.

#6 JRuggiero Dec 10, 2012 09:12 AM

Tim Wolff,

I second that procedure. And to do it requires three or four hands. But I can do it with two if I use a rubber band to hold the Bind switch on the TX in the Bind position while I use my only two hands to hold the Vapor and attach the 1S.

Jim R.

#7 richlear Dec 15, 2012 06:04 AM

Worked a treat - thanks guys