RC Groups

RC Groups
    Multirotor Electronics
        Help! kk2.0 recurring problem #1 esc pinout

#1 topforce Dec 09, 2012 06:38 PM

kk2.0 recurring problem #1 esc pinout

I have been flying kk2.0 boards for a while now with great success. I have 1 board that I have had problems with. At first I thought it was a bad motor or esc when this board was built into a spider quad. Now, I think the #1 pinout mabey has a problem. The board is currently built into an HK 550 hex, using HK blue series 30A ESCs, and turnigy 2632 1000 kv motors. The programming is for hex + configuration. Seems #1 motor will spin up, but in trying to get off ground it slows down and eventually stops. When throttled back to zero and started up again, it starts fine, but in the tipping and sliding around of trying to lift off, it will again slow down and stop.

It did this before when on the quad but that was in a 4X configuration so #1 motor was offset front and right which made handling very adverse. Now motor #1 is straight front and its very sketchy.

I had read on the HK forums that it could be an esc non compatibility problem. In building this hex, I used 3x new ESCs and motors along with 3x used ESCs and motors from the previous quad build. The #1 position this time is a new set of esc and motor.

Anybody have similar problem and figured out how to overcome?

#2 topforce Dec 10, 2012 11:52 AM

Btt

#3 runout74 Dec 10, 2012 06:00 PM

I was having trouble with my KK2.0 after a crash. Before the crash it flew perfectly. After the crash I couldn't get it to fly stable. Reflashing the firmware fixed the issue. I know it doesn't sound logical but it can't hurt.

Runout74

#4 runout74 Dec 10, 2012 06:02 PM

Also, does this happen with a fully charged battery?

Runout74

#5 topforce Dec 10, 2012 11:04 PM

Seems to drop 1 or 2 esc after the battery has been run a few minutes. Suggesting that the ESCs are not behaving the same. However this board has never been flyable.

Going to switch out the board with a known good one today and see if anything changes.

#6 Cyberdactyl Dec 11, 2012 05:19 PM

I think my problem is similar

#7 Texacate Apr 30, 2013 06:49 PM

I just received my Turnigy micro quad with the KK2.0 board from HbyKng. I see the exact same symptom on the right, front motor. It flies fine for 30 seconds, then that motor starts to slow. Luckily I've been only a foot or two above the ground when the quad starts to dive into the ground.

I will definitely check if that motor/esc is connected to the M1 pin of the KK2 board.

Has anyone found a solution or root cause? It's it the motor, the esc, the KK2, the KK2 settings?

My debug work is just beginning.