RC Groups

RC Groups
    Nitro Planes
        Discussion How can I get a new Peaks motor?

#1 steambc Dec 08, 2012 01:21 AM

How can I get a new Peaks motor?
 
I just flew my new Peaks last week for the second time and after 1 good flight all of a sudden the motor started "chattering" instead of spinning when I attempted a 2nd flight for the day.

1st flight was flawless. I simply changed the battery (4S 2200) and the chattering began upon throttle-up.

I bought the plane about 6 weeks ago but just started flying it. Is the motor under any kind of warranty? I went to Nitro's website and saw that the motor ($36.00 - wow!) is out of stock.

Is there a way I can get this motor replaced or do I have to wait an eternity and pay for a new one?

Thanks

#2 tribike65 Dec 08, 2012 10:13 AM

Peaks Biplane
 
I have a similar problem in that the throttle went to full when I inadvertently turned off my tx and the prop ingested the battery hatch. After contacting their tech site and sales, they needed more info as they didn't know what a battery hatch was. After several emails they suggested I purchase a new fuselage as the battery hatch is NOT available separately! You might try emailing sales, my neighbor has had some success with them. I have had no success whatsoever and will not deal with them in the future...peaks biplane...tail surfaces are warped, parts were missing, and pilot floating around the cockpit. The few times they have responded they always ask for more information. I don't think any of them have seen any of their airplanes before...

#3 RaidenCharlie Dec 10, 2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steambc (Post 23472012)
I just flew my new Peaks last week for the second time and after 1 good flight all of a sudden the motor started "chattering" instead of spinning when I attempted a 2nd flight for the day.

1st flight was flawless. I simply changed the battery (4S 2200) and the chattering began upon throttle-up.

I bought the plane about 6 weeks ago but just started flying it. Is the motor under any kind of warranty? I went to Nitro's website and saw that the motor ($36.00 - wow!) is out of stock.

Is there a way I can get this motor replaced or do I have to wait an eternity and pay for a new one?

Thanks

What is your order number for the plane?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribike65 (Post 23474139)
I have a similar problem in that the throttle went to full when I inadvertently turned off my tx and the prop ingested the battery hatch. After contacting their tech site and sales, they needed more info as they didn't know what a battery hatch was. After several emails they suggested I purchase a new fuselage as the battery hatch is NOT available separately! You might try emailing sales, my neighbor has had some success with them. I have had no success whatsoever and will not deal with them in the future...peaks biplane...tail surfaces are warped, parts were missing, and pilot floating around the cockpit. The few times they have responded they always ask for more information. I don't think any of them have seen any of their airplanes before...

What is your order number for the plane?

#4 steambc Dec 11, 2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie (Post 23491325)
What is your order number for the plane?

It's order #yhst-17210252890263-304904

#5 RaidenCharlie Dec 11, 2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steambc (Post 23498725)
It's order #yhst-17210252890263-304904

Let me check with the parts department to see if they have the motor for the plane, if they do I'll send you a RMA to have it returned and exchanged.

Update: So i got the motor from the parts department, I'll send you the RMA to have it returned and exchanged.

-Charlie

#6 steambc Dec 11, 2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie (Post 23500297)
Let me check with the parts department to see if they have the motor for the plane, if they do I'll send you a RMA to have it returned and exchanged.

Update: So i got the motor from the parts department, I'll send you the RMA to have it returned and exchanged.

-Charlie

Awesome, Charlie. I genuinely appreciate that. I'll take care of it right away.

Thanks so much.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.