RC Groups

RC Groups
    Life, The Universe, and Politics
        Discussion DeMint Will Leave Senate to Run the Heritage Foundation

#1 Broken Wings Dec 06, 2012 05:16 PM

DeMint Will Leave Senate to Run the Heritage Foundation

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/us...tion.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON Senator Jim DeMint, the conservative Republican from South Carolina who helped ignite the Tea Party movement, will leave the Senate to become president of the Heritage Foundation, a conservative research group.

Mr. DeMint who has fashioned himself into a bit of a kingmaker for conservative Republicans, often at the expense of his own Republican colleagues now finds himself with a comfortable and well-paying perch that will provide a platform to continue his efforts to push the Republican Party to the right.

DeMint told the Wall Street Journal, which broke the news shortly before DeMint released his statement, that the decision was grounded in the need to effectively popularize conservative positions "because we saw in the last election we were not able to communicate conservative ideas that win elections."

Joe Walsh
Richard Murdoch
Todd Akin
Allen West
Jim DeMint

"See Ya" :censored: bags....;)

#2 bildo baggins Dec 06, 2012 05:21 PM

I don't blame him. Not at all

#3 Broken Wings Dec 06, 2012 05:34 PM

Defeatist, Jim DeMint said, "If we're able to stop Obama (Health Care Reform) on this, it will be his Waterloo. It will break him."

It looks like this is Jim's Waterloo......;)

#4 bildo baggins Dec 06, 2012 05:36 PM

All them tossers need to be stood up

#5 RumRunner_1492 Dec 06, 2012 07:32 PM

Good for him. Sounds like a great job.

#6 rcjetpilot Dec 06, 2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 (Post 23461221)
Good for him. Sounds like a great job.

He's moved to do business with like minded :)

Modern Liberalism is an abject failure, historically, and needs to run its course....again...

#7 bildo baggins Dec 06, 2012 07:38 PM

We need an independent, libertarian juggernaut in the house! SOMETHIN!

#8 logan5 Dec 06, 2012 07:56 PM

He'll be an excellent addition and will be instrumental in getting the Classical Liberal view out to the country.

#9 rcjetpilot Dec 06, 2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan5 (Post 23461429)
He'll be an excellent addition and will be instrumental in getting the Classical Liberal view out to the country.

I agree.... I know a few others who need to bailout of the party as well.

#10 logan5 Dec 06, 2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcjetpilot (Post 23461464)
I agree.... I know a few others who need to bailout of the party as well.

The best way to fight Modern Liberalism is to bring back Classical Liberalism. There are but a handful of Classical Liberals in DC and are too often drowned out by wannabe Statesmen who claim to support the Constitution but are only there for power and influence.

In order to retake DC, the country needs to be re-educated on what the Constitution is, what Freedom is and what the role of Government should be.

#11 rcjetpilot Dec 06, 2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan5 (Post 23462128)
In order to retake DC, the country needs to be re-educated on what the Constitution is, what Freedom is and what the role of Government should be.

We're now past that point. 52% bought more of the same. What I see, like I mentioned about changing how I do business, is the approach going forward. DeMint is very smart about making the change now. I suspect more with follow suit.

Here's what I mean... its folks like this, who will dig in, have dug in, and will trade (do busness with) in a such way as to let Modern Liberalsim, its systems run its course, while at the same time stay true to core values... they will watch this clip and not understand it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...nn_romney.html

#12 Big Foot 48 Dec 17, 2012 10:52 AM

The only thing that freaks out liberals more than a fiscal conservative is a black fiscal conservative. DeMint's replacement:
Quote:

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R) will announce Monday that she will appoint Rep. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) to the Senate, according to two sources with knowledge of the pick.

Haley is set to announce the pick at noon.

Scott, 47, will replace Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.), who is leaving the chamber in January to head up the conservative Heritage Foundation.

Sen.-designate Scott will become the only African-American currently serving in the Senate and the first black Republican to serve in the upper chamber since the 1970s. He will also be the first black senator from the South since Reconstruction.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ott-to-senate/

#13 logan5 Dec 17, 2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 (Post 23550425)
The only thing that freaks out liberals more than a fiscal conservative is a black fiscal conservative. DeMint's replacement:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ott-to-senate/

If how Progressives treated M. Steele, M Love, C Rice, Col West, M Malkin, L Elder, E Williams and T Sowell are any indicators, I'm sure we'll be seeing some racially motivated nastiness from them that will be promptly ignored by the media.

#14 Tim Jonas Dec 17, 2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan5 (Post 23550584)
If how Progressives treated M. Steele, M Love, C Rice, Col West, M Malkin, L Elder, E Williams and T Sowell are any indicators, I'm sure we'll be seeing some racially motivated nastiness from them that will be promptly ignored by the media.

yep, Uncle Tom and all that. Maybe even a Cornball Brother....

#15 Indiana_Geoff Dec 17, 2012 12:47 PM

They are not freaked out. They will just marginalize him like they have done with the rest.