RC Groups

RC Groups
    Life, The Universe, and Politics
        Discussion America nears el tipping pointo

#1 BE77 Pilot Dec 06, 2012 07:02 AM

America nears el tipping pointo

Interesting article by Ann Coulter. She apologizes to young people!

Quote:

I apologize to America’s young people, whose dashed dreams and dim employment prospects I had laughed at, believing these to be a direct result of their voting for Obama.
On closer examination, it turns out that young voters, aged 18-29, overwhelmingly supported Romney.
http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/america-n...ipping-pointo/

#2 peterp1964 Dec 06, 2012 09:18 AM

http://www.people-press.org/files/20...11-21-12-1.png

King Crimson - Epitaph (8 min 54 sec)

#3 BE77 Pilot Dec 06, 2012 09:21 AM

You didn't read the article. ;)

#4 thunder1 Dec 06, 2012 09:37 AM

The problem with her argument is that the math doesn't add up, so typical of the far right. She could probably say the moon is made of cheese and the extreme right would believe her.

Quote:

Only 58 percent of today’s under-30 vote is white, and it’s shrinking daily.
So if 58% of the under 30 voters are white, how is it possible that Obama got 60% of the vote from them, if indeed the whites overwhelmingly voted for Romney?

#5 BushmanLA Dec 06, 2012 09:40 AM

We are past the tipping point.

From now on America is not going to get better, it is going to get worse.

My wife teaches at a public school, trust me, we are screwed.

#6 s2000 Dec 06, 2012 09:44 AM

Bushman is right, they teach self esteem now, long forgotten are the R's.

#7 billyd60 Dec 06, 2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BushmanLA (Post 23456401)

That's what I've been saying for some time here on LTUP.

I'm waiting around and reading the lib posts to see how long it takes before the light comes on for them. I know it will eventually. It's another hobby of mine. :popcorn:

#8 BushmanLA Dec 06, 2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2000 (Post 23456426)

That's not even the big problem. The problem is that a good 60 to 70% of the classroom population doesn't give a crap. They are there because their parents sent them there to be babysat while they are out spending their welfare checks.
You can't punish them, you can't get the parents to punish them, you can't give them homework, you can't even make them feel guilty for not learning because their plan in life is to just get a check like mom (most of them don't know who dad is).

They ruin the learning environment for those kids who do care a little, she sends them to the office for misbehaving and they get sent right back. There is NOTHING that can be done. You can't imagine how depressing it is to hear the stories.

The next few generations of Americans are going to be 70% worthless deadbeats who expect everything handed to them and are incapable of having any kind of meaningful career because they didn't get any kind of meaningful education.

Why bother? Free phones, free health care, free food, free rent.

#9 rcjetpilot Dec 06, 2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot (Post 23456260)
You didn't read the article. ;)

Nope, he certainly did not... :rolleyes:

We have arrived at the 3rd world... we're become equal now :rolleyes:

#10 DLGjunkyard Dec 06, 2012 10:42 AM

Why our Country is Going Down The Drain (7 min 7 sec)

#11 Indiana_Geoff Dec 06, 2012 10:51 AM

An author I like has stated it best. Our education system is in the dark ages.

80 years ago, it was expected that everyone could read. The few that didn't would not learn much anyway and were eased out of the system.

Not only have we forgotten how to do that, we have forgotten that we could do that.

That is a dark age. When things that were possible are forgotten and the knowledge that you could do it is lost too.

In Indiana a fireball State Superintendent of Schools was voted down in favor of a teacher union hack. This past week she eliminated the standard that all 3rd graders have to be able to read or they are held back. Imagine that, graduating from 3rd grade and not being able to read.

The schools whined that the mandate did not come from money. Well, in my book, if you failed to teach students to read by 3rd grade, you don't deserve more money.

Dark Ages indeed.

#12 FL Knifemaker Dec 06, 2012 11:04 AM

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._7444953_n.jpg

Thats should give the libs nightmares!!

#13 LcJ Dec 06, 2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BushmanLA (Post 23456401)

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2000 (Post 23456426)

To put it more bluntly, many teachers try to give self esteem by lowering the grading standards and telling everyone how good the students are doing. A lie from hell.
Self esteem can only be earned by the individual and not bestowed by a society, a government, or a teacher.

Read a quote one time and cannot remember who said it:
"America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization." It was attributed to Georges Clemenceau by Hans Bendix.

#14 thunder1 Dec 06, 2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker (Post 23457070)
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._7444953_n.jpg

Thats should give the libs nightmares!!

It makes me laugh at how serious she takes herself, when the rest of us libs, aren't.

#15 DLGjunkyard Dec 06, 2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunder1 (Post 23457776)
It makes me laugh at how serious she takes herself, when the rest of us libs, aren't.

I look at that picture I imagine her getting it in the forehead from recoil :D