RC Groups

RC Groups
    Mini Multirotors
        Discussion Nano-Tricopter

#1 MIDNCOCO Dec 05, 2012 12:29 PM

Nano-Tricopter

I would like to take a FC Board from a hubsan x4, or mqx and since they have 328 or 168 chips flash it to be a tri. So the issue I have is how to get the brushed motor signal out of one of the ports into a servo signal for the tail rotor. Any Ideas?

#2 Steveis Dec 05, 2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIDNCOCO (Post 23448449)
I would like to take a FC Board from a hubsan x4, or mqx and since they have 328 or 168 chips flash it to be a tri. So the issue I have is how to get the brushed motor signal out of one of the ports into a servo signal for the tail rotor. Any Ideas?

You could try a brushed to brushless converter such as thesteve

http://thesteve.ca/walkera/

#3 mono Dec 05, 2012 11:01 PM

I'm not sure you will find those boards any use for what you want to achieve. The mqx I would be sure won't allow reprogramming, the cheapie boards like hubsan, 929 etc, I don't know whether those would be locked, but probably.
But if you find one that isn't and want to try it, you can tap a signal from the gate of a fet, you might need to scope it and see what it looks like though.
I too have been thinking about a nano tri for a few weeks now, but only at the "prove the concept on paper" stage, but not with a board from a cheap quad.