RC Groups

RC Groups
    Life, The Universe, and Politics
        Careful! Boeing successfully tests EMP cruise missile..

#1 SKYPILEIT Dec 05, 2012 12:21 PM

Boeing successfully tests EMP cruise missile..

A non-lethal device....I expect this to be used,soon.The good news.?No innocent lives lost & little collateral damage.I would think it has the capacity to engage several locations..& networks would be disabled by one missile.

The test was announced in September 2012,codenamed, the ‘Counter-Electronics High Power Advanced Missile Project’, or simply ‘CHAMP’.

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/lights-o...#ixzz2ECcamDtI

#2 DaveG Dec 05, 2012 12:30 PM

I hate to think what something similar could do to the U.S. People here start freaking-out after being without power for several days. It wouldn't be pretty for the I Phone junkies. ;)

"Now that EMP technology is a reality and not just sci-fi, one has to fear is that it may become more of a danger to those who created it, rather than the enemy. Sure, an EMP weapon may prove useful against an enemy that are just as technologically advanced, but it wil be useless against an enemy that uses fighting tactics that are not affected by an EMP weapon, much like what we see today in Afghanistan."

#3 madsci_guy Dec 05, 2012 12:47 PM

Not news. EMP weapons have been used since Bosnia.

#4 UlteriorModem Dec 05, 2012 01:02 PM

With little collateral damage... at least untill the rioting in the streets begins.

#5 BE77 Pilot Dec 05, 2012 01:04 PM

I think the naked bomb was a better idea. :)

#6 logan5 Dec 05, 2012 02:15 PM

no such thing as non-leathal ... all one has to consider are the vehicles and buidings that require electronic control.

#7 typeRA Dec 05, 2012 02:34 PM

There is also this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLU-114/B_%22Soft-Bomb%22

#8 SKYPILEIT Dec 05, 2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madsci_guy (Post 23448567)
Not news. EMP weapons have been used since Bosnia.

proubly,but this must be new tech...stealthy with randon or multi-targets,etc.

The engineers seemed pumped...'sci-fiction is now sci-fact.' :p

#9 typeRA Dec 05, 2012 03:42 PM

Maybe we could start a pool on when the Iranians will have one land intact in their backyard.

#10 Usta Bee Dec 05, 2012 05:22 PM

I'm gonna start my own program.

I'm going to go to Walmart during their post-Christmas sale and buy up all the leftover tinsel they have for cheap, then get a B-52 and drop it out of the bomb bay over the enemy's electrical substations. :)

Even better would be to hack their GPS satellittes and screw with the time code, and have everybody drive into the river.

#11 Usta Bee Dec 05, 2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG (Post 23448455)
I hate to think what something similar could do to the U.S. People here start freaking-out after being without power for several days. It wouldn't be pretty for the I Phone junkies. ;)

I'm sure the Amish will be quaking in their boots. :rolleyes: