RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hot Online Deals
        Yippee! Hobbyking "We Broke The Interwebs" Sale - Extended All Week!

#1 midnightsabotage Nov 27, 2012 05:04 AM

Hobbyking "We Broke The Interwebs" Sale - Extended All Week!

Very cool, just noticed that Hobby King changed their Cyber Monday sale page to read:
"We Broke The Interwebs SALE - Bargains for those that missed out"

Very cool. Lots of people had issues getting onto their website. Looks like they're trying to make it right.

I'll be checking it all week. Especially after payday, Black Friday ran me pretty dry!

#2 Shawndae Nov 27, 2012 07:15 AM

This will be great if they really have something good on sale. I watched the site a lot during cyber Monday and they did not put up anything that even made me think about pulling the trigger. Total sleeper sale with very little off any product and then when they did give free shipping it was only for a very short time. I have left over black Friday money but so far they are not working very hard to get any of it.

#3 midnightsabotage Nov 27, 2012 07:33 PM

Looks to be pretty slow moving. Maybe just new deals added once each day?
I'll still check back a couple times a day & see if they have added anything I can't resist.

#4 3d astronaut Nov 27, 2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawndae (Post 23374781)
This will be great if they really have something good on sale. I watched the site a lot during cyber Monday and they did not put up anything that even made me think about pulling the trigger. Total sleeper sale with very little off any product and then when they did give free shipping it was only for a very short time. I have left over black Friday money but so far they are not working very hard to get any of it.

I still dont understand this.. They had micro planes for $25, free multi copter frames, dirt cheap multi boards, $3.99 orange rx receivers, free pnp planes, $5 lipos I mean the list goes on. It was by far the best cyber Monday sale I found this year :p

#5 Razor_Racer Nov 27, 2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3d astronaut (Post 23382247)
I still dont understand this.. They had micro planes for $25, free multi copter frames, dirt cheap multi boards, $3.99 orange rx receivers, free pnp planes, $5 lipos I mean the list goes on. It was by far the best cyber Monday sale I found this year :p

I never saw $25 micro planes, the free multicopter frame was worth $15 and was only free after $150, the multi board is only $10 off and the next version is coming out soon, the 3.99 orange RX was limit one, PNP plane was once again after $150, $5 lipo limit one, etc.....

I mean if you could get all the deals in one order that would be terrific but it's basically limited to one or two per order, you end up saving a couple bucks but by no means hot deals

#6 3d astronaut Nov 28, 2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor_Racer (Post 23382583)
I never saw $25 micro planes, the free multicopter frame was worth $15 and was only free after $150, the multi board is only $10 off and the next version is coming out soon, the 3.99 orange RX was limit one, PNP plane was once again after $150, $5 lipo limit one, etc.....

I mean if you could get all the deals in one order that would be terrific but it's basically limited to one or two per order, you end up saving a couple bucks but by no means hot deals

I guess it worked out nicely for me as I was waiting for them to put a bunch of stuff on sale so I could order a ton (close to a thousand dollars) of stuff I have been putting off from them. Sorry you guys didnt have the same experience but I feel like I came out WAAAYY on top :p

#7 IFlyRCs Nov 28, 2012 01:06 AM

They've added 6 large planes with free shipping from US warehouse.
Looks like clearing stock but may be of some interest to someone out there.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ber_monday.asp

#8 midnightsabotage Nov 28, 2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IFlyRCs (Post 23382892)

I'd really like to build one or 2 of those. They look fun. I just haven't grown into that size yet. (actually hope I don't - I have a hard enough time finding room for my parkflyers!) But someone should appreciate that deal, shipping's gotta be pretty hefty on planes that size.

I really like how they aren't deleting all the old deals each day. Might still be something good left when payday comes later this week.

#9 Shawndae Nov 28, 2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

OK - I will have to admit that free shipping on some large planes like these would mean quite a bit off. They are too big for my small flying field but I am sure this is a great deal for those who fly at wide open locations.

#10 Donaldsneffe Nov 28, 2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3d astronaut (Post 23382247)

Could not see this, either...

Observed the site whole day long, not one good deal for me.
Free shipping only to US.

But they did not stock new items for hours (after the 90 nitro heli), and site worked very slowly, so maybe technical problems.

An item, that costs 70 instead of 90 and then huge shipping costs (to Europe) and additionally customs declarance, costs, ... thats not a good deal for me (and probably for no one in Europe).

This Monday sale was a big, big disappointment.

Walter

#11 Ubootwo Nov 28, 2012 10:26 AM

has anyone actually had anything they bought with free shipping ship? its been a few days now and still no ship date, still in reserve status.

#12 IndiaHobby Nov 28, 2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Oddly, when I try to buy one of these planes and add another plane/item... the system won't let me !

#13 Fentonflyers Nov 28, 2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubootwo (Post 23385448)
has anyone actually had anything they bought with free shipping ship? its been a few days now and still no ship date, still in reserve status.

nope....

#14 Razor_Racer Nov 28, 2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndiaHobby (Post 23385562)
Oddly, when I try to buy one of these planes and add another plane/item... the system won't let me !

That's pretty normal for HK, they won't ship multiple boxes. Everything has to fit in one box.

#15 midnightsabotage Nov 28, 2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubootwo (Post 23385448)

You bet, got a shipping notice the next day w/tracking number.
Tracking says it's in Montana today and should get to me here in MN on Friday.