RC Groups

RC Groups
    On-road Cars
        Discussion 1/12 TA05 M-Four Chassis Kit

#1 DVUSHELI Nov 22, 2012 06:53 PM

1/12 TA05 M-Four Chassis Kit

Hey guys.
I didn't want to put this into the mini/ micro forum because it 1/12.
Anybody out there seen or running this kit? If so, what's your opinion of it, and where the hell are you getting parts from?
Tower Hobbies, Advantage Hobby and Horizon Hobbies all sell it, but none have any real parts list for it. Mainly expendable things like the belts, compatible batteries, bodies etc.
It's using TA06 diffs, but I doubt those belts will work due to this being shorter in length.
Anyone out there with any info?

http://www.advantagehobby.com/198534/TAM84255/?pcat=244

#2 DVUSHELI Nov 24, 2012 09:53 AM

Wow!! 29 views and nobdy's got any info?! Looks like I'll be venturing this on my own.

#3 Creepy1 Nov 24, 2012 11:09 AM

It's definately a nice tamiya. You can get parts from ebay, or rcmart.

#4 peacekeeper94 Dec 03, 2012 03:12 AM

You can always order parts from tamiyausa.com. I use them a lot and parts are suprisingly cheap.

#5 2012NC Dec 04, 2012 07:43 PM

No the belts won't work. Its a totally different setup. Your best bet is to contact someone in the Tamiya Club or at parts support there. I agree with Peacekeeper94. The parts are not overly priced if you buy them straight from TamiyaUSA. Also keep on the lookout on EBay. You may find the perfect parts car or bagoparts as I call them cheap. Best of luck

#6 DVUSHELI Dec 10, 2012 05:40 PM

I came, I saw, I've conquered.

Well...almost conquered.
So I bought one, built it, now I just have to gather the electronics. Yes, I've looked at Tam USA's site. Prices aren't bad, but getting the parts out've Hong Kong is cheaper, and they have things that you won't find in the US. Mainly, 1/12th bodies. The only body Tamiya has that fits 210mm WB is the S15 Silvia and the orig style Mini Cooper. Bought a new MINI Cooper S body to paint like my real one, but even that lil sucker's too long in the WB for this thing.
Does anyone know of any U.S. distributors for 1/12th touring sedan bodies?:popcorn:
This thing should rip with a Novak Three 80/ Edge system.