RC Groups

RC Groups
    Eagle Tree Systems
        Discussion Download elogger data without using Eagle Tree software

#1 slacsteve Nov 22, 2012 04:48 AM

Download elogger data without using Eagle Tree software

Has anybody done this using Windows or Linux? I would like to automate download and follow up by sending with FTP to my FTP website. I could use it to automate the performance of my solar power source. With info on the USB protocol I could write a program.

#2 dhares Nov 23, 2012 07:42 AM

Eagletree has not and probably will not provide that information, at least in a time frame that makes any sense for you. Since Windows is a choice, look at a product called WinAutomation. It's $149, but that's cheap compared to the effort of doing it yourself. I have used it to automate ET's program in the past. WinAutomation can be run by a schedule, has built in FTP support, and can drive ET's GUI.

Dave

#3 IceWind Dec 03, 2012 05:45 AM

Mostly because of this my ET gear has been staying in a box for months now.
I mainly only use Linux but before I had a old Win machine as it broke down I went and get a Mac so no win no more... and no more access to the data.
Ended up getting another logger that allows me to get the data on linux&mac. :(

#4 flyn Dec 03, 2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceWind (Post 23427171)
Mostly because of this my ET gear has been staying in a box for months now.
I mainly only use Linux but before I had a old Win machine as it broke down I went and get a Mac so no win no more... and no more access to the data.
Ended up getting another logger that allows me to get the data on linux&mac. :(

You do know you can run windoze on a mac right?

Install parallels & windows to run inside osx, or just add a drive partition & install a copy of windows & run natively, you will need to reboot to switch OS.

Easy.

Or buy a cheap PC netbook secondhand off eBay to have in your flight box.

#5 IceWind Dec 03, 2012 08:28 AM

I'm aware for that, I can even use Virtualbox that is free... but the Win license is not.

#6 flyn Dec 03, 2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceWind (Post 23427923)
I'm aware for that, I can even use Virtualbox that is free... but the Win license is not.

Fair enough mate, don't cost much though ;)

Even an old copy of xp would cut it!

#7 dhares Dec 04, 2012 06:31 AM

The license off your dead windows machine is good enough. I use Parallels DeskTop 8 for this and other Win programs. For $50, it's easier.

That being said, I do have an old old XP laptop I take to the field. If (when) it hits the ground I'm not so upset. My Mac is nice, but very expensive.

#8 IceWind Dec 04, 2012 06:41 AM

Well legally the license from the old machine can't transfer into a new one. That is one of the drawbacks of using OEM licenses that M$crosoft imposes.

I know there are "workarounds". :)
But I'd still prefer to have a way to get the data in Linux.