RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Heli Talk
        Rant Why condone the clone?

#1 V999D02 Nov 21, 2012 11:08 PM

Why condone the clone?
 
Why condone it?

Lack of cash/income? Why not save?

Hatred for the original design?

I'm a Man on medium income and struggle to make ends meet. I make 1900-2100 if that (about $3000USD per Month, if that)

I have 3 Daughters, a Gaui X5, Logo 400, and numerous other stuff.

I live in the UK (A tiny overpopulated country) so don't claim to be Mr Rich.

I would love your views, and would like to apologise in advance for my Eliteist and honest behaviour.

I know it offends, but I can't resist but to tell the truth. Sorry.

I'm with this Fella.. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774548

I will now try to refrain from my Eliteist Gaui and Mikado behaviour and look forward to the views of the masses.

#2 metalbenderusn Nov 21, 2012 11:22 PM

You buy what you like, everyone else buys what they like. What does it REALLY matter WHAT brand you fly as long as you fly? I own an original Align 450 pro, I have two KEEP R/C 450 pro's and have been flying EXI 450 pro's till they dried up. Yep, the align has NICE quality, the EXI-450 pro is BETTER than the KEEP R/C 450 pro, just a little less quality than the Align. Bottom line is I fly them all and it doesn't really matter if they are set up correctly, and some of the bad quality parts on the clones are replaced with Align parts when they need replaced. I think that covers it.:popcorn:

#3 ASTREA1 Nov 21, 2012 11:27 PM

I'm on a super budget as well, and I pulled the trigger on an E-Razor 450. Sure it is far from even the "clones" but believe me, after the kinks have been worked out and my skills have been polished from killing a few Belt CP's..I have had nothing but an amazing time with the bird.It is what you make of it. Also, preflights help.

#4 V999D02 Nov 21, 2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalbenderusn (Post 23331930)
You buy what you like, everyone else buys what they like. What does it REALLY matter WHAT brand you fly as long as you fly? I own an original Align 450 pro, I have two KEEP R/C 450 pro's and have been flying EXI 450 pro's till they dried up. Yep, the align has NICE quality, the EXI-450 pro is BETTER than the KEEP R/C 450 pro, just a little less quality than the Align. Bottom line is I fly them all and it doesn't really matter if they are set up correctly, and some of the bad quality parts on the clones are replaced with Align parts when they need replaced. I think that covers it.:popcorn:

Well, there you go.

What is it with this Align craze? It's the bottom of the mid-sector, EVERY DICK and Dog have one. That's not for me, thanks. I like to be semi unique.

Align are renowned for making R2D2 vacuum cleaner lookalikes.

The Lads at my field think Align are pitiful for loads of reasons; Out of round gears, Monkey metals, SHITE electronics, the lot.

Don't take my word for it, as it will be CONFIRMED INSTANTLY over on Helifreaks.

I only own a Gaui and Micky 400 so I'm mid range but VERY happy, as are virtually all of us.

I quote your quote; "What difference does it make what people fly as long as it flies"

Are you being serious?

Endangerment to people and the wallet was covered in the other thread.

If you don't want to spend money, you might be better getting into the hobby of Marbles.

#5 karlik Nov 22, 2012 12:05 AM

Frankly I don't give a :censored: what you fly, or what your oppinion is of what I fly.

#6 V999D02 Nov 22, 2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlik (Post 23332151)
Frankly I don't give a :censored: what you fly, or what your oppinion is of what I fly.

What do you fly?

I more often than not agree with all your posts.

#7 Balr14 Nov 22, 2012 12:59 AM

So, making more friends? :popcorn:

#8 Brutus1967 Nov 22, 2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V999D02 (Post 23332067)
Well, there you go.

What is it with this Align craze? It's the bottom of the mid-sector, EVERY DICK and Dog have one. That's not for me, thanks. I like to be semi unique.

Align are renowned for making R2D2 vacuum cleaner lookalikes.

The Lads at my field think Align are pitiful for loads of reasons; Out of round gears, Monkey metals, SHITE electronics, the lot.

Don't take my word for it, as it will be CONFIRMED INSTANTLY over on Helifreaks.

I only own a Gaui and Micky 400 so I'm mid range but VERY happy, as are virtually all of us.

I quote your quote; "What difference does it make what people fly as long as it flies"

Are you being serious?

Endangerment to people and the wallet was covered in the other thread.

If you don't want to spend money, you might be better getting into the hobby of Marbles.

Well..... it seems to me, that you are at least a little bit biassed by the "couleur locale" on your field, maybe even more than anything else.

I have been on a club like that, where everybody was following the local hero, and if "HE" changed brand, next winter there was an amazing amount of second hand helicopters of the local hero's previous brand availlable on the market.

Not for me. I fly what I like, and usually that is Vario (5 out of 8, the other are 2 cheap 450 clones with a fuselage and one KDS 450 SV).
Nobody needs to follow me, and I sure as hell ain't following anybody else.

I strongly believe in not buying what I cannot afford, and I find that the one factor that keeps the hobby affordable, is not so much the price you pay in the end, but the predictability of what you spend.
I prefer to spend a fair amount of money, knowing up front how much it is going to cost me, over an initial budget-price with lots of unforeseen additional cost, that get me into financial trouble because I didn't account for it, even if the total price is lower.

It is easier to plan, save for and spend, say 1000 Euro and be done with it, rather than plan and save for 300 then to be confronted with an additional expense of 300 that you didn't expect, and didn't save for.
I tried the first 450 size scaler on a budget, started out with 350 Euro for the heli and more than doubled that price in unforeseen costs. The second I started out without a budget, spent 410 Euro and didn't need a cent more.

When I was still single, I didn't mind spending close to 5000 Euro on a big gasser, and to be honest, now that I am married, the hobby budget has drastically reduced. But that same helicopter has cost me exactly 15 Euro and 60 cents on parts in 4 years, where each of my 450's on average need between 25 and 50 Euro on a yearly base just to keep flying, and that's not crash costs....

I have 4 more of those Vario's (lower priced though), and I am now extremely happy with them because they are, however expensive to start with, very affordable to keep them airborne, although my motto is, and always has been "crashing is not an option".

It doesn't have to be that expensive, all I am saying, is that investing some money in a known quality might keep the budget more manageable, and usually it is not the bottom line price, but the expected and unexpected cost of the hobby that is decisive in whether the hobby is affordable or not.

At least, that is my experience.

Brgds, Bert

#9 V999D02 Nov 22, 2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balr14 (Post 23332361)
So, making more friends? :popcorn:

Take a smoke, old unemployable blind theory Man.

If I ever witnessed a Blade or eFlite fanatic it's you to the T.

And I thought we had it bad over here in the UK. Lol.

Oh, shite the bed, I think I've got myself banned. I'm devastated now.

#10 V999D02 Nov 22, 2012 01:42 AM

It's been a good laugh, and I WILL RETURN via a VPN (Proxy).
I was formerly member; >Ruthlessgeorge
I'm employed by Gaui BTW and have proceeded with my mission.

Bon Voyage,

Gaui TSH MN35

#11 Brutus1967 Nov 22, 2012 01:46 AM

Is it me, or are you slightly abrasive now?

Balr14 might be biassed, but he didn't deserve that....

Brgds, Bert

#12 Essex2visuvesi Nov 22, 2012 01:51 AM

Clones do the job, maybe not as well as one would like but they do generate an interest in the hobby, without breaking the bank.

#13 V999D02 Nov 22, 2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutus1967 (Post 23332488)
Is it me, or are you slightly abrasive now?

Balr14 might be biassed, but he didn't deserve that....

Brgds, Bert

Yes, I'm like grade 4 sandpaper. It's really abrasive.

I use it to clean my Laptop screen when I see Balr14 replies recommending Traxxas and Blade ALL THE TIME.

My intention is to sell Gaui products and leave with a bang, a BIG BANG.

I can't believe the moderators are so slack... I should've been permanently banned now.

#14 solentlife Nov 22, 2012 02:02 AM

I'm a Brit ... and I feel I must apologise for this guy ...

What a crock !

I do agree though that Align gets a biased support considering itself is a clone of an original idea years ago ... and I do know of various parts I use in my 450 that are better quality from 'clone' supplys than the 'Original Clone' called Align !

Nigel

PS - I bought a $200 RTF 450 clone and 2 yrs later ... it's still flying and with the same radio.

#15 V999D02 Nov 22, 2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solentlife (Post 23332532)
I'm a Brit ... and I feel I must apologise for this guy ...

What a crock !

I do agree though that Align gets a biased support considering itself is a clone of an original idea years ago ... and I do know of various parts I use in my 450 that are better quality from 'clone' supplys than the 'Original Clone' called Align !

Nigel

PS - I bought a $200 RTF 450 clone and 2 yrs later ... it's still flying and with the same radio.

I'm not a Brit'... I just live here for 2-3/12 Months.

I know a Man who is unemployed here, and He only gets around 150 a week. That wouldn't buy a weeks living for me. Imagine if unemployable Balr14 lived here? He'd be DOOMED.

He would be surviving on Beans and Potatoes and flying His mQX to kill time.

I'm currently in Stockport, Manchester, but often stay in wartal, Yorkshire, and Macaroni, Chillst.

I migrate around the country like an Heron. A dirty Big Bird.

I'm paid an insignificant wage of 1800-2100, 2400, $3000-3500 per Month to advertise for Gaui TSH, and I'm doing well according to stat's.

Sales at Gaui are up 64.8% on last annum minus emu.

Why am I not banned yet?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.