RC Groups

RC Groups
    Coaxial Helicopters
        Discussion Syma S33 2.4G

#1 korydenver Nov 21, 2012 03:09 PM

Syma S33 2.4G

Hi,
I have purchased the new syma s33. Even though the box says LI-POLY battery it came with Li-ion battery and I wanted to upgrade the heli with li-po.

The thing is i believe the heli came with the li po charger. i also have syma s34 (the new chinook) and s34 comes with lipo battery and both helis use the same charger. I didnt know that u can use lipo chargers on li-ion.... at least this is the case with s34.

So what kinda of lipo should I get in order to safely upgrade the battery (i dont wanna fry the mainboard or motors)? should I stay with 7.4v? I am planing to use the stock charger which I believe 2cell lipo charger (can anyone confirm that?)

Thanks

#2 drambuidhe Nov 24, 2012 01:51 PM

s33 battery

I would definitly stay at 7.4v but find a replacement with more capacity that doesn't weigh too much more. The stock battery is probably a 1500mah at around 70g so with my s033g I went to 2250mah @ 109g which works well. Get a proper digital charger they are very cheap, you can even charge your car with them!Good luck

#3 dwtriac23 Nov 24, 2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korydenver (Post 23328363)
Hi,
I have purchased the new syma s33. Even though the box says LI-POLY battery it came with Li-ion battery and I wanted to upgrade the heli with li-po.

The thing is i believe the heli came with the li po charger. i also have syma s34 (the new chinook) and s34 comes with lipo battery and both helis use the same charger. I didnt know that u can use lipo chargers on li-ion.... at least this is the case with s34.

So what kinda of lipo should I get in order to safely upgrade the battery (i dont wanna fry the mainboard or motors)? should I stay with 7.4v? I am planing to use the stock charger which I believe 2cell lipo charger (can anyone confirm that?)

Thanks

I agree, I would not exceed the 7.4v. Have you many flights with the S34, do you like it? I have a S022 Big Chinook and loved it but after a while it started having problems with it not responding to controls. Syma products seem to be infamous for this.