RC Groups

RC Groups
    Engines
        Help! Engine identification

#1 Antonior Nov 20, 2012 03:59 AM

Engine identification
 
Please help me to identify this engine

http://s8.postimage.org/7fzeqqbp1/KG...Nd_M_60_12.jpg

Thanks

#2 earlwb Nov 20, 2012 05:30 AM

It looks like a Cox Queen Bee .075 radio control engine to me.
It is sort of a big bore Baby Bee with a rear mounted RC throttle carburetor on it.
It has a reed valve in the back, so it can run forward or in reverse as needed.

#3 Antonior Nov 20, 2012 05:33 AM

FOUND!! It is a Cox Queen Bee 0.74. Now I need the worksheet. Can anybody provide it?

Thanks again from Italy

#4 coriolan Nov 20, 2012 12:40 PM

Here is a pdf of the QB manual:
http://coxengines.ca/files/074%20Queen%20Bee.pdf
You can also get some spare parts here:
http://coxengines.ca/cox-074/
Lot of Cox infos here:
http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/cox_frameset.htm

#5 Antonior Nov 20, 2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coriolan (Post 23318272)
Here is a pdf of the QB manual:
http://coxengines.ca/files/074%20Queen%20Bee.pdf
You can also get some spare parts here:
http://coxengines.ca/cox-074/
Lot of Cox infos here:
http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/cox_frameset.htm

Thanks, Coriolan. You are very kind :)

#6 surfer_kris Nov 20, 2012 01:51 PM

Here is a little video of one of mine on the bench; Queen Bee

#7 Brutus1967 Nov 20, 2012 02:37 PM

Runs beautiful! Too bad I cannot read the RPM at idle.... Really curious how low it will go.

Brgds, Bert

#8 earlwb Nov 20, 2012 05:35 PM

Well with the little 1/2 A size engines, they can idle at 6,000 or so RPMs and the plane will still land just fine. The air density doesn't change as the plane gets smaller, so it has to overcome more drag in relation to a larger size plane and engine.

But the Queen Bee engines aren't really bad, they run quite well. But unfortunately they weren't all that popular though.

#9 surfer_kris Nov 20, 2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutus1967 (Post 23319174)
Runs beautiful! Too bad I cannot read the RPM at idle.... Really curious how low it will go.

In the video it goes down to about 5000rpm, but it runs very rich. The fix for that is to add an airbleed hole and it will run better.

#10 Brutus1967 Nov 21, 2012 01:40 AM

It's a shame, Graupner, who carried the Cox engines in Europe, did not have the full range. As far as I know the RC engines were never in their line-up, or I would have had one for sure....

Brgds, Bert

#11 DarZeelon Nov 24, 2012 10:34 AM

Antonior,


It is not a .74; it is a .074 (cubic inches); roughly 1.2cc in metric displacement.

#12 Antonior Nov 24, 2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarZeelon (Post 23350386)
Antonior,


It is not a .74; it is a .074 (cubic inches); roughly 1.2cc in metric displacement.

Thanks for the precise statement :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.