RC Groups

RC Groups
    HobbyKing
        Discussion Another shipping question.

#1 IwillFlySoon Nov 17, 2012 01:56 PM

Another shipping question.

Ok I live in the U.S. and wanted to know why and item (Tx) is cheaper including shipping if I were to order from the international warehouse than my own countrie's? Besides faster delivery time, is there anything I am missing? I picked the cheapest shipping option on both warehouses. Thanks!

Iwfs

#2 3d astronaut Nov 18, 2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IwillFlySoon (Post 23293359)
Ok I live in the U.S. and wanted to know why and item (Tx) is cheaper including shipping if I were to order from the international warehouse than my own countrie's? Besides faster delivery time, is there anything I am missing? I picked the cheapest shipping option on both warehouses. Thanks!

Iwfs

It could have to do with import fees on large quantities of items, it could just be an error, it could just be what they meant to do. Like you said though, you are going to spend a long time waiting for the radio from the international warehouse. If its a matter of $20, for me, I would just pay the extra $20 to have it in my hands in 3-5 days vs waiting on the slow boat.

#3 weimer20 Nov 18, 2012 09:37 PM

It could be that only HK knows.

#4 Endolf Nov 19, 2012 02:33 AM

Any import duty or import taxes will have already been paid on items in your home country warehouse, anything from the international one is subject to your countries import rules. In the UK that means possibly duty and V.A.T., also our postal service then charges you for handling the import charges. Not all packages seem to get checked and charged, so some get through and the cheaper international price, but my experience is that most get charged and then it works out more expensive than the local version, which I would also get faster. I order from the UK warehouse if they have the items, fastest and I know for sure how much it will cost me.

Endolf

#5 hoppy Nov 19, 2012 07:51 AM

My guess is a % of the cost of operating the US warehouse is added on to the cost of the product.

#6 startazz Nov 19, 2012 08:08 AM

I'm only guessing here but i'd say it's down to import tax,lets say HK USA has a few big containers come into the country,HK then has to pay import Tax on them i would of thought,so that could be why the price on your local HK warehouse products has gone up.

Just like it has in our UK warehouse,i for one would rather pay the extra for items out of the local HK warehouse as it does mean i'll get my order in a day or so,depending on what postal service i use,as someone else has said we in the UK have to pay for our products that come from Hong Kong/Asia not just from Hobbyking,charges are for Tax/VAT and then our lovely postal service charges us for the privilege but thats not every time,it's more a hit and miss well it is for my parcels,so we are a lot better off in the long run with having a local warehouse,i think thats one of the reasons Hobbyking has started to add more warehouses around the world,plus to make money of course.:D

#7 grimbeaver Nov 19, 2012 12:43 PM

Shipping logistics are not free. You gotta pay to get your container loaded off a ship and get the product from port to your warehouse. That said I've seen cases where products are cheaper in the US warehouse then international. I think prices will fluctuate based on what their cost was on the stock they are currently using.