RC Groups

RC Groups
    Site Chat
        Discussion there should be a stat that shows how many times a person flags other posts...

#1 logan5 Nov 16, 2012 12:15 PM

there should be a stat that shows how many times a person flags other posts...

just to see who the cry babies are.

#2 DenverJayhawk Nov 16, 2012 12:17 PM

Must have got wrist slapped recently, Logan? I completely agree though. I never report posts. For the first time, I even got a personal attack yesterday over PM and I still didn't report it. I've got a tougher skin than that.

#3 logan5 Nov 16, 2012 12:21 PM

I take pride in every point I recieve. But yeah ... sometimes I've got to wonder ... who are these people with such thin skin that they can't just brush stuff off and move on?

I never flag anyone ... not worth it.

#4 FL Knifemaker Nov 16, 2012 12:21 PM

I'm sure that if you posted your list of top crybabies without any data you would probably be 90% right.

#5 logan5 Nov 16, 2012 12:24 PM

Well, based on the posts I've been flagged for over the years, I know who the cry babies are ... or at least some of them. Heck ... Sure ET was annoying, but I honestly liked him.

#6 dedStik Nov 16, 2012 12:24 PM

I've flagged before, but I've only flagged spammers not flamers or trolls. I personally feel flamers and trolls add to a forums character and you can never be rid of them. The spammers on the other hand I can fully live without.

#7 Metieval Nov 16, 2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan5 (Post 23284979)
Well, based on the posts I've been flagged for over the years, I know who the cry babies are ... or at least some of them. Heck ... Sure ET was annoying, but I honestly liked him.

in a world without flagging post... ET would have been fun.
Here, dishing it back to him... not so much. ;)

#8 logan5 Nov 16, 2012 02:38 PM

Well ... looks like I got a point for this thread too ...

#9 AndyOne Nov 16, 2012 02:51 PM

I once got a point for using the term "fanboy", can this really be so disturbing to anyone that they feel the need to report it.

A.

#10 RCWorks Nov 16, 2012 04:52 PM

Point for this thread means there is someone with an axe to grind, there was no call for it.

#11 wrightme Nov 16, 2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCWorks (Post 23286987)
Point for this thread means there is someone with an axe to grind, there was no call for it.

Point for this thread means that the obvious rule infractions were noticed.

No one need have an axe to grind for that to happen.

#12 TravisBean Nov 17, 2012 11:16 AM

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...07&postcount=1

A moderator found this post offensive ?

#13 leccyflyer Nov 17, 2012 01:04 PM

Dunno how many times this tired old saw has to be brought up. It has been explained countless times that the notion has no merit, would provide no benefit to the RC Groups community, would operate exactly opposite to the desired mode of operation of the forum and is therefore highly unlikely to ever be implemented. More than a few Quixotic crusades have foundered on that point.

#14 porcia83 Nov 17, 2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravisBean (Post 23292317)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...07&postcount=1

A moderator found this post offensive ?

Yes. Why wouldn't they?

Don't you agree that some posts need to be reported? And if the answer is yes, since it's obvious that some posts need to be reported, why should that person be called a name for doing so? This is a member moderated (to some degree) forum after all.

#15 TravisBean Nov 17, 2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porcia83 (Post 23293335)
Yes. Why wouldn't they?

Because all opinions are worth being posted in a fair and open forum. You might agree or disagree with a stated opinion, but unless someone is being outright vulgar for the sake of vulgarity, then let them be heard in these open forums. (I can do without the "Lenny Bruce" routines, but am a strong believer in freedom of speech)