RC Groups

RC Groups
    Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric)
        Discussion 35mHz Tx for Night Ranger 3D

#1 Skysurfer_uk Nov 16, 2012 05:29 AM

35mHz Tx for Night Ranger 3D

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, folks. I've recently gotten hold of a Night Ranger 3D electric heli, and my first thought was to use my 6x Futaba with it. I didn't have a Tx xtal on the installed Rx frequency, so I changed both to Futaba xtals.
The Tx signals aren't enjoyed by the receiver. At all.
My question... can these generic Chinese receivers be used with another transmitter? I'm thinking that the Rx might need to keep it's OEM xtal, and I'd just need to obtain a Futaba xtal of the same frequency.
My experience is limited to aircraft, and I've recently been forced into helis. So far, with an FP Heliguy Atom, it's been really fun. Learning in your lounge! How easy is that?
This thing, though, is bigger, and CP, and I've no doubt I've a big learning curve ahead of me.

I'm just off to fleabay to price up spare blades...:rolleyes:

#2 Brutus1967 Nov 16, 2012 05:39 AM

You wouldn't want to take risks with a CP heli bigger than a 250 size, so please get a decent extra receiver, or fit one from your (possibly obsolete) planes....

Brgds, Bert

#3 Xrayted Nov 16, 2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skysurfer_uk (Post 23282412)
Hi, folks. I've recently gotten hold of a Night Ranger 3D electric heli, and my first thought was to use my 6x Futaba with it. I didn't have a Tx xtal on the installed Rx frequency, so I changed both to Futaba xtals.
The Tx signals aren't enjoyed by the receiver. At all.
My question... can these generic Chinese receivers be used with another transmitter? I'm thinking that the Rx might need to keep it's OEM xtal, and I'd just need to obtain a Futaba xtal of the same frequency.
My experience is limited to aircraft, and I've recently been forced into helis. So far, with an FP Heliguy Atom, it's been really fun. Learning in your lounge! How easy is that?
This thing, though, is bigger, and CP, and I've no doubt I've a big learning curve ahead of me.

I'm just off to fleabay to price up spare blades...:rolleyes:

The Night Ranger 3D is actually a re labeled, old Walkera model. If memory serves me correctly, its a Walkera #52 and its only going to work with a Walkera TX unless you you pull the RX and set it up with something that matches your current TX. It's not worth putting any real money into it.........that was not a great model when it was released and requires many upgrades to fly only decent at best.

#4 Balr14 Nov 16, 2012 12:36 PM

The old Walkera protocol is not compatible with Futaba. Odds of finding a 35 mhz, 6 channel TX / RX combo, are very small. They have not been made in years.