RC Groups

RC Groups
    Nitro and Glow Power Cars
        Discussion Tamiya mad cat spirit 1/10 review

#1 lacey Nov 14, 2012 04:59 PM

Tamiya mad cat spirit 1/10 review

any1 own one or know where i get review? tks :)

#2 wparsons Nov 15, 2012 07:19 AM

Do you mean the Mad Spirit?

Tamiya Mad Spirit - test by MODEL TV (6 min 57 sec)
(not in english)

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=229047

Regardless of what you find, I wouldn't buy one... Tamiya has discontinued them, so getting parts will be a pain.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/it...oduct-id=43529

#3 lacey Nov 15, 2012 10:24 AM

no its on donedeal? second hand but look close to new! its 150 euro so thats y i wanted to buy do ye not think its as good idea?

#4 wparsons Nov 15, 2012 12:16 PM

Not much point in buying a car you can't get parts for.

Are you set on a nitro buggy? A decent brushless one will be faster and easier to maintain.

#5 lacey Nov 15, 2012 01:10 PM

am not really these are my points can you give me your opinion please?

1. nitro running on grass/mud has same power electric it burns battery very fast?
2.nitro cheaper to start with?
3.does nitro fuel last long?
4.I plan on buying second hand as cheaper?
5.speed in not everything i want something fun and capable of driving through a field and mucky trails?
6. i don't mind doing some work on car after running it? as in cleaning and engine draining?
7. i am new to this, only experience is reading and messing around with toy grade rc electrics and brushed setups!

what do ye think?

#6 wparsons Nov 15, 2012 03:06 PM

Lipo packs will give longer run times than a single tank of nitro. Nitro really isn't cheaper to start with, and you'll always have to buy more fuel.

A 1/10th scale buggy won't be very good in fields and mucky trails, you'll want something with bigger tires and more ground clearance.

A nitro engine will require tuning every single time you take it out, sometimes multiple times in the same day.

#7 lacey Nov 15, 2012 04:21 PM

does tuning take much time? can i nt jst look at manual fr it? what size u recomend? n what type of car b best for me/ tks

#8 wparsons Nov 15, 2012 07:55 PM

Depends how good you get at tuning. The manual will have guidelines, but you have to base it off how it sounds and how hot it is getting on any given day. Changing weather conditions can really effect how the engine is running and will need to be adjusted to run properly.

It can be frustrating for beginners, especially if you just want to get in a quick run.

For grass, fields, mucky trails, etc I would look into a 1/10th scale monster truck, they won't be super cheap, but they'll handle almost anything you can throw at them.

#9 lacey Nov 16, 2012 09:40 AM

thank you still thick ill go nitro i have to to play with tuning it :) am yeay thats my problem money :( the 1/16 sclae nitro on hobbyking wouldnt handle that kind of ground would it? :(

#10 wparsons Nov 16, 2012 02:23 PM

It's very small and close to the ground, so you'll be quite limited to the terrain it will handle.

#11 lacey Nov 16, 2012 03:49 PM

have u got any patricular model brand i should buy and what price? thanks :)

#12 kronicking Aug 17, 2015 11:51 PM

I own a tamiya mad spirt and find it a really reliable and fun car and as far as clearance if you spend abit extra and buy a set of adjustable shocks its easy to get the clearance you need, I've had no problem driving it in grass and on rocky terrain such as dirt roads and trails haven't gone through any mud though too much of a hassle cleaning the car after, I find tuning is not an issue their are many guides you can find on youtube and after a bit of experience you know exactly how you like your nitro engines running a temp gun is recommended to ensure the engine dosent overheat, also a note I'd like to make is that after owning several nirto cars and trucks the tamiya is one of the most reliable coming with a metal spur gear stock

#13 kronicking Aug 17, 2015 11:57 PM

The only time I've ever had something major break on mine was when I was running it on road and hit a post going about 60kph (my buggy has quite a bit of hop ups) I broke the stock front suspension arm, but seeing as they are plastic I seen it coming LOL